• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

3 hours ago, rafibomb said:

any reason why he's primarily been a DH this season? also did they fix the wonky load in his swing?

I know everyone here hates the load, but to be fair, Cubs fans and scouts all agreed that Javy Baez's huge leg kick, drifting hands and aggressive nature wouldn't play up at the top level. But it's becoming apparent that they very much do. 

Same thing goes for Bo Bichette. Scott's thought his swing needed to be broken down and rebuilt in order to hit for any kind of average. That and having two different swings (non 2 strike with the leg kick and 2-strike with no leg kick and choking up on the bat) would be too hard to manage.

Both extremely athletic middle infielders, both have made scouts look stupid in their assessments. Jeremiah Jackson isn't at that level....yet. But he definitely had the potential to be there. 

So we can dislike the wonky load all we want, but so far in his career, he's produced at a higher clip than almost all if his peers. I think until he gets into a situation where he has to change, I wouldn't change a thing. 

42 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I know everyone here hates the load, but to be fair, Cubs fans and scouts all agreed that Javy Baez's huge leg kick, drifting hands and aggressive nature wouldn't play up at the top level. But it's becoming apparent that they very much do. 

Same thing goes for Bo Bichette. Scott's thought his swing needed to be broken down and rebuilt in order to hit for any kind of average. That and having two different swings (non 2 strike with the leg kick and 2-strike with no leg kick and choking up on the bat) would be too hard to manage.

Both extremely athletic middle infielders, both have made scouts look stupid in their assessments. Jeremiah Jackson isn't at that level....yet. But he definitely had the potential to be there. 

So we can dislike the wonky load all we want, but so far in his career, he's produced at a higher clip than almost all if his peers. I think until he gets into a situation where he has to change, I wouldn't change a thing. 

16 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He got injured in first game...

I think he pulled a hammy, got turf toe, suffered a grade 2 ankle sprain and blew out his UCL simultaneously.

Basically he wanted to prove he was really an Angel.

he actually injured his thumb diving into a base which is an upper division course at Angels U.  

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He got injured in first game...

I think he pulled a hammy, got turf toe, suffered a grade 2 ankle sprain and blew out his UCL simultaneously.

Basically he wanted to prove he was really an Angel.

You forgot about his prolapsed uterus and vaginal itch.

Yes. Adell will get September call up and be starting in 2020. Angels will trade Calhoun in July and Goodwin will take over RF till September. 

Predict Jo will hit .250/.325/.500/.800

Looking at Upton's AA stats they are comparable to what Jo is doing though Jo has only been at AA a short time this year but see no reason for a downturn. Upton got a September call up that year.

The question is why wouldn't the Angels continue to push him up...he's adapting quickly at each level.

Raider Uceta checks in as the youngest position player on the team at 18 years old, at least until Kyren Paris arrives, who will be almost a year younger. 

Guys I'll be keying in on most, Uceta, Paris, Deveaux, Connor Van Scoyoc, Stiward Aquino, once he arrives, Jack Kochanowicz, and mysteriously missing, or maybe I just haven't noticed, Will English.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Raider Uceta checks in as the youngest position player on the team at 18 years old, at least until Kyren Paris arrives, who will be almost a year younger. 

Guys I'll be keying in on most, Uceta, Paris, Deveaux, Connor Van Scoyoc, Stiward Aquino, once he arrives, Jack Kochanowicz, and mysteriously missing, or maybe I just haven't noticed, Will English.

or Daniel Nunan.