• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler in attendance at Troy Tulowitzkis workout...

floplag

I actually think, as of now, Hermosillo has a good shot too. Probably second behind Bourjos. 

I get that sitting on the bench at MLB isn’t the same as everyday reps in AAA, but his likely outcome is that of a 4th OF anyways, and 2019 might be the season the Angels just begin working him into that role anyways.

And that’s not an indictment on Hermosillo necessary, but more a reflection on how quickly Adell and Marsh are moving along. Adell could be here midseason, Marsh a year behind. There probably isn’t opportunity for Hermosillo to run with an everyday role.

I don’t think Pete has options left either, so if he’s up, he’s up. May be better to start with Hermosillo and save Bourjos as depth in case Hermosillo struggles and needs to go back to AAA.

14 hours ago, Halodays said:

What gets me is that Bourjos rakes in the minors but can't hit a lick in the majors. That seems to be the case lately for all the players they call up.

Agreed. And if Calhoun tanks again, it would be nice to have an offensive option to Calhoun, instead of just a defensive replacement for Upton late in games (VERY necessary). Given how good a fielder Calhoun is, if he isnt hitting again, he could at least be a defensive replacement in left or center (to spell Trout, if needed). But that leaves us needing an offensive option.

I know, I know, Adell is the second coming of Trout to some. I doubt he will make much impact for the next 1.5 seasons of playing time, even IF he is as good as some think. 

22 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Agreed. And if Calhoun tanks again, it would be nice to have an offensive option to Calhoun, instead of just a defensive replacement for Upton late in games (VERY necessary). Given how good a fielder Calhoun is, if he isnt hitting again, he could at least be a defensive replacement in left or center (to spell Trout, if needed). But that leaves us needing an offensive option.

I know, I know, Adell is the second coming of Trout to some. I doubt he will make much impact for the next 1.5 seasons of playing time, even IF he is as good as some think. 

I might be in the minority, but to me, Adell is the first guy up if anyone in the OF gets hurt for an extended period of time or if Calhoun struggles again. 

Unless he is really struggling in AA, I think he’s ready for an MLB rest. Look at what Soto and Acuna did...

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I might be in the minority, but to me, Adell is the first guy up if anyone in the OF gets hurt for an extended period of time or if Calhoun struggles again. 

Unless he is really struggling in AA, I think he’s ready for an MLB rest. Look at what Soto and Acuna did...

So, he would simply bypass AAA? Even Trout didnt do that. He raked for 100 PA, and was brought up.

Maybe Adell is the second coming of The Messiah.............I was underestimating him.

43 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

So, he would simply bypass AAA? Even Trout didnt do that. He raked for 100 PA, and was brought up.

Maybe Adell is the second coming of The Messiah.............I was underestimating him.

Trout was promoted straight from AA. 

Soto went from A, to A+, to AA, all the way to bigs in ‘18 too. Acuna played all of 23 games in AAA.

Eppler’s recent aggressive promotions and the rumors of Kole being shipped to clear salary have me thinking that the FO is very comfortable giving Adell a shot very soon if the chance comes up.

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

What were Trout's 93 PA in 2012 at Salt Lake? I cant remember..............uh, yeah, because I am falling down drunk at 8am, of course.

Trout debuted in ‘11. 

He missed ST ‘12 with the flu or something, started the season in AAA much to the chagrin of the board, hit something like .410, and was promoted after a month or so, if I recall.

I know this will fall on deaf ears but Adell on this board has been compared to Upton or Springer more than Trout.  We also had a thread where we said if Adell has a career WAR similar to Mike Cameron we should all be happy.  I have seen no one call him the next Mike Trout or the next Messiah.  So when you do this wonk you are simply screaming for attention.  

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

I know this will fall on deaf ears but Adell on this board has been compared to Upton or Springer more than Trout.  We also had a thread where we said if Adell has a career WAR similar to Mike Cameron we should all be happy.  I have seen no one call him the next Mike Trout or the next Messiah.  So when you do this wonk you are simply screaming for attention.  

So, I'm fitting right in, here, finally? Even without the juvenile memes????

Yeah, comparisons to Trout and The Messiah might be a BIT hyperbolic. You took it seriously? 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

#BrownTrout

On 12/19/2018 at 2:54 PM, HaloNArizona said:

Hermosillo is too young to sit on the bench and play sporadically.  He will be ticketed for AAA, to play everyday and get regular AB's.

Parker has played very little in CF

I think PB has the edge, as he can play all three OF spots, and a he is a late inning pinch runner.  

We must remember, a fourth OFer is not a starting OFer...you are getting a guy who will play maybe 50 games a year, at the most.  

When it boils down to it....whomever between PB and Parker has a better spring will be the fourth OFer....Herm will be in AAA, and could be a possible trade candidate with Adell and Marsh in the wings.

4th Outfielder also has to do some pinch hitting now and then.  I like Herm better in that role.