• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is the 'Arte Factor' a concern?

Docwaukee

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Dude, I couldn’t care less if you veer.  My point is, if your “favorite” team causes you memory, and you are capable of changing teams then do it.  I believe you are ridiculous for thinking he has turned miserly and you’d prefer to A’s of all teams.  That is possibly the most asinine lack of logic this board has seen since bonuses aren’t part of payroll.  

The difference between us is I recognize good baseball quicker than you. The A's became more entertaining by mid-June and improved themselves at the trading deadline. That's a smart organization, at less than half the cost with half the attendance and probably a third of the media revenues.

You were clinging to the Angels chances all season, Still are, as their off season goes down the toilet, while other teams improve. 

Three straight years of this. 

Oh, but the PROJECTIONS  are so promising................when you have an income like Arte, you should be able to insulate yourself from PROJECTIONS that fail.

We are wealthy enough to have a Plan B every year. Instead, our Plan A has failed for three straight years and our Plan B is the following off season.

How about a Plan B that we can invoke during the season? We have had no depth for eons, now.

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Dude, I couldn’t care less if you veer.  My point is, if your “favorite” team causes you memory, and you are capable of changing teams then do it.  I believe you are ridiculous for thinking he has turned miserly and you’d prefer to A’s of all teams.  That is possibly the most asinine lack of logic this board has seen since bonuses aren’t part of payroll.  

you know this was like 45 minutes ago right?  

7 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

The difference between us is I recognize good baseball quicker than you. The A's became more entertaining by mid-June and improved themselves at the trading deadline. That's a smart organization, at less than half the cost with half the attendance and probably a third of the media revenues.

You were clinging to the Angels chances all season, Still are, as their off season goes down the toilet, while other teams improve. 

Three straight years of this. 

Oh, but the PROJECTIONS  are so promising................when you have an income like Arte, you should be able to insulate yourself from PROJECTIONS that fail.

We are wealthy enough to have a Plan B every year. Instead, our Plan A has failed for three straight years and our Plan B is the following off season.

How about a Plan B that we can invoke during the season? We have had no depth for eons, now.

Cool.  If you think Arte is miserly, you’ll love the A’s payroll.  Oh and their ownership has a lot more money than Arte.   

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Cool.  If you think Arte is miserly, you’ll love the A’s payroll.  Oh and their ownership has a lot more money than Arte.   

Their ownership is another partnership. Agreement in a direction is never easy in those cases, unless you have a domineering force like a George Steinbrenner. And they have the building of a stadium to worry about. Arte's situation is much better, IMO.

Arte has proven to be penny wise and pound foolish in his ownership, IMO. It's understandable he feels burned. But there is a middle ground that could have improved our chances considerably, over the last three years.

1 minute ago, WeatherWonk said:

Their ownership is another partnership. Agreement in a direction is never easy in those cases, unless you have a domineering force like a George Steinbrenner. And they have the building of a stadium to worry about. Arte's situation is much better, IMO.

Arte has proven to be penny wise and pound foolish in his ownership, IMO. It's understandable he feels burned. But there is a middle ground that could have improved our chances considerably, over the last three years.

can't argue with that.  some might say he doesn't throw good money after bad though.