• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

possible clean peanut sighting...

floplag

21 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Eppler should be all over that. 

You think?  Raw numbers are what you'd expect for a guy his age in that park but his K rate is near 30% and he carries a soft walk rate.  The HR index is 130 for LHB at Albuquerque, a park that makes SLC resemble Angel Stadium.  Consider this -- this guy's wOBA at Albq was .365.  Jabari Blash came in at .461 -- Hermosillo .356..  all of them in the same league and division.

He's left handed and can play some OF but, Eppler went on record as the team needing to improve it's OBP and this guy doesn't really help there.

Edited by Inside Pitch

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You think?  Raw numbers are what you'd expect for a guy his age in that park but his K rate is near 30% and he carries a soft walk rate.  The HR index is 130 for LHB at Albuquerque in a park that makes SLC resemble Angel Stadium.  Consider this -- this guys wOBA at Albq was .365.  Jabari Blash came in at .461 -- Hermosillo .356..  all of them in the same league and division.

He's left handed and can play some OF but, Eppler went on record as the team needing to improve it's OBP and this guy doesn't really help there.

He’d be as good to have in AAA as Blash was. Maybe he works, maybe he doesn’t, but currently he’d be a fine replacement for 7th OF behind Hermosillo, Bourjos, and whoever we get for 4th OF.

19 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You think?  Raw numbers are what you'd expect for a guy his age in that park but his K rate is near 30% and he carries a soft walk rate.  The HR index is 130 for LHB at Albuquerque, a park that makes SLC resemble Angel Stadium.  Consider this -- this guy's wOBA at Albq was .365.  Jabari Blash came in at .461 -- Hermosillo .356..  all of them in the same league and division.

If Eppler did acquire him it would likely be as a platoon option.

OBP vs. RHP -

2016: .393

2017: .348

2018: .371

I have no feelings about him one way or the other but as a cheap add to give us more options to platoon with Pujols at 1B, having Patterson with Jose Fernandez, Matt Thaiss, and possibly Jared Walsh wouldn't be a terrible idea. Hitting the Majors is a different story however so whatever Eppler thinks is best for the team.

Just now, ettin said:

If Eppler did acquire him it would likely be as a platoon option.

OBP vs. RHP -

2016: .393

2017: .348

2018: .371

I have no feelings about him one way or the other but as a cheap add to give us more options to platoon with Pujols at 1B, having Patterson with Jose Fernandez, Matt Thaiss, and possibly Jared Walsh wouldn't be a terrible idea. Hitting the Majors is a different story however so whatever Eppler thinks is best for the team.

He's a peanut no doubt.  But given the roster crunch already in place he doesn't really jump out as an "all over it" type guy.  He's essentially JMF, the OF version.

5 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes it is a new rule.  Another rule is you must read every post as literal.

It is just my pet peeve whenever people have this sort of silly reaction to any move that is not "the move," as if teams only do one thing at a time.

I'm sure we've all been shopping for a new car at some point. Did you not buy any food or toilet paper or shampoo while you were in the market for a car?

Already today after the Dillon Peters move I have people tweeting at me "this isn't how to keep Trout!"

It's ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It is just my pet peeve whenever people have this sort of silly reaction to any move that is not "the move," as if teams only do one thing at a time.

I'm sure we've all been shopping for a new car at some point. Did you not buy any food or toilet paper or shampoo while you were in the market for a car?

Already today after the Dillon Peters move I have people tweeting at me "this isn't how to keep Trout!"

It's ridiculous.

Nobody buys shampoo they take it from the hotel. In all seriousness...who cares what people say about keeping trout happy. The guy roots for the eagles...I say good riddance 

17 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It's ridiculous.

May it be my let peeve that people make this same point a thousand times and constantly interpret a simple lack of enthusiasm for certain yawn minor moves as falsley believing it is the only move?