• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Depressing twitter thread RE Trout.

floplag

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Because they of course are so amazing, theyve made pitching no big deal.

You just said this

"Been saying trout is jordan for awhile. He needs a supporting cast around him.

Fingers crossed pippen and rodman are here soon..."

I am curious what you meant by "fingers crossed pippen and rodman are here soon..." 

Which player would be Pippen and which would be Rodman? 

Are the three I mentioned not good enough to be considered a Pippen or Rodman? Or is the reality we need more than 2 players we need 5 to 8 Rodman/Pippens? 

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Griffey had a supporting cast of Randy Johnson, Edgar Martinez, Jay Buehner, and Alex Rodriguez and he never won shit. It takes a hell of a lot more than a handful of players to win in the MLB. But we already knew that.

I agree which is my argument. What was said is Trout needed his Rodman and Pippen. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

You just said this

"Been saying trout is jordan for awhile. He needs a supporting cast around him.

Fingers crossed pippen and rodman are here soon..."

I am curious what you meant by "fingers crossed pippen and rodman are here soon..." 

Which player would be Pippen and which would be Rodman? 

Are the three I mentioned not good enough to be considered a Pippen or Rodman? Or is the reality we need more than 2 players we need 5 to 8 Rodman/Pippens? 

No one player would be equal to one basketball player. Ohtani being the closest...because nobody in baseball plays both ways.

Jordan, pippen and rodman represent 3/5s of a starting lineup. What made the jordan bulls what they were was combining jordan's scoring with detroits defense (pippen and rodman). 

Until we have a pitching staff thats not happening. 

5 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Using rings in a discussion of player ratings is one of the most most logically vacant arguments possible - and yet it seems like everybody uses it. 

For instance, this is a controversial opinion these days: Tom Brady is not the GOAT - his individual numbers simply aren't there - yet to most football fans, this is apparently a heretical position. The Patriots winning five championships with Brady does not make him the GOAT. Trout's teams never making the playoffs but once in his seven years doesn't mean he isn't the GOAT. 

Now, if we're talking memorable? I will stipulate that most people only care about the playoffs and championships. It's hard to get that kind of recognition and perception without winning championships, but on a purely objective level, championship wins mean very little in regards to who is the best (or even better) player.

Sorry winning titles actually means something. The entire reason we play sports is to win. Jordan won 6, LeBron won 4, Gretzky has 4, Brady on a much larger roster has 5, Big Ben has 2 same as Peyton, even Rodgers has 1 as does Brees. Winning and being the best player on the team that wins is important to ones legacy.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

No one player would be equal to one basketball player. Ohtani being the closest...because nobody in baseball plays both ways.

Jordan, pippen and rodman represent 3/5s of a starting lineup. What made the jordan bulls what they were was combining jordan's scoring with detroits defense (pippen and rodman). 

Until we have a pitching staff thats not happening. 

You do know the Rodman joined the last three right? Rodman wasn't on the team when they originally won 3. And I get that. I was just curious why you posted Rodman and Pippen. Because we are more than 2 players away from being a contender. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

Sorry winning titles actually means something. The entire reason we play sports is to win. Jordan won 6, LeBron won 4, Gretzky has 4, Brady on a much larger roster has 5, Big Ben has 2 same as Peyton, even Rodgers has 1 as does Brees. Winning and being the best player on the team that wins is important to ones legacy.

Cool, once again baseball is different.   You can tell this by your list you just posted.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Let me know how many games he pitches in his first two seasons.  

So what you said was wrong when you said none of the guys I mentioned were pitchers. Ok thanks. You didn't say Ohtani got hurt so now he's not a pitcher. You just said none of them were pitchers. Didn't think you needed clarification.

Just now, Kevinb said:

So what you said was wrong when you said none of the guys I mentioned were pitchers. Ok thanks. You didn't say Ohtani got hurt so now he's not a pitcher. You just said none of them were pitchers. Didn't think you needed clarification.

Yep, I was wrong almost as wrong as another shitty opinion of yours.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Cool, once again baseball is different.   You can tell this by your list you just posted.  

Oh is it? Randy Johnson 1 title, Roger Clemens 2 titles, Derek Jeter 5 titles, Greg Maddux 1 Title, Alex Rodriguez 1 title, Mariano Rivera 5. Man great players in baseball don't win titles