• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you could pass one law..............

I'm not a fan of state standardized testing.  It's saying that we should rate all kids on the same scale.  That they all learn at the same pace and all should learn the same exact things.  I think that is what is wrong with education today.

I don't have a problem with standardized testing but it should only be one tool used. It doesn't tell the complete story and is not an adequate measure of a teacher's performance. It could be useful to evaluate how well a teacher's methods are reaching the student in order to more specifically tailor there teaching methods. But it isn't really utilized that way. On top of that, teachers resort to teaching for the test - in other words, not following the curriculum but focusing on the things they know will be on the test to boost scores resulting in false results.