• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bees Manager Called Up to Join Angels' Coaching Staff

Warfarin

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

I was honestly thinking  Scioscia was going to quit in protest after Eppler DFA'd Valbuena.

Might be another power struggle developing...I could see Sosh throwing a temper tantrum at Arte if Eppler is allowed to get rid of Marte too

Honestly, I think the best move might be to just get rid of him now and not have to deal with it. He’s probably tired of losing and tipping his cap so maybe he’d be willing to stay at home the rest of the year and take a break? Just speculating...he has a nice house in Westlake I believe

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Wow, what a strange world you exist in if you think Scioscia has any attachment to Valbuena or Marte. Like a pair of bench players would be a managers tipping point. That's just another level of seperation from reality on your part.

Just the way I see it...Scioscia falls in love with the veterans. As shown by his continuing to play then until the day they were released.

he might not be butthurt about it but I’d be surprised if he was happy...kinda reminds me of when Mathis and Abreu were released finally

Marte is not really a veteran. He just a bench player that got occasional playing time but has been bounced from the roster several times. Even with all of the injuries has a total of 126 plate appearences this season. That is pretty poor favoritism.

You need to come up for air from your hate bunker. 

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Might be another power struggle developing...I could see Sosh throwing a temper tantrum at Arte if Eppler is allowed to get rid of Marte too

Honestly, I think the best move might be to just get rid of him now and not have to deal with it. He’s probably tired of losing and tipping his cap so maybe he’d be willing to stay at home the rest of the year and take a break? Just speculating...he has a nice house in Westlake I believe

high bong GIF

56 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Just the way I see it...Scioscia falls in love with the veterans. As shown by his continuing to play then until the day they were released.

he might not be butthurt about it but I’d be surprised if he was happy...kinda reminds me of when Mathis and Abreu were released finally

Thats the key right there. He'll play them til they die of old age if Eppler let him.

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

So, you are saying he’s going to stick around for a few more years?

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

I think fletcher's answers are pretty apt, but it's too circumstantial to not have some additional meaning. 

If Sosh is leaving, you also have a ton of coaching staff that could turn over. Will Ebel or Griffin feel slighted if they don't get a chance to manage? I'm sure they're at least internal candidates. Keith Johnson too has been a loyal org soldier for awhile. Perhaps this is his opportunity to get more exposure for his potential interview - if not for a managerial post, perhaps he's a future 1B coach/bench coach if Griffin/Ebel leave with Sosh. Josh Paul could also be the leading contender, and this is just all additional opportunity for him to assess staffing too.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.  Certainly having a month of experiencing managing AAA will be beneficial for Chavez.  Of course it does not guarantee anything, but it certainly does suggest he has a shot to become our next manager.  I do not know much about how he was perceived in the clubhouse as a player.  Any insight from others?

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens.  Certainly having a month of experiencing managing AAA will be beneficial for Chavez.  Of course it does not guarantee anything, but it certainly does suggest he has a shot to become our next manager.  I do not know much about how he was perceived in the clubhouse as a player.  Any insight from others?

Funny, I didn't look at it that way at all.  It has happened in many previous years that minor league managers and coaches have come up to assist the major league club in evaluating the younger talent.  When you think about it that is their primary job.  Sending Chavez to AAA for a month has almost nothing to do with managing games, that is a secondary duty.  He is getting a look at the talent that is playing down there, and probably forming opinions about them on a firsthand basis so he can get back to Eppler with his impressions.  Personally, it doesn't sound like Ward (defensively), Thaiss, Rengifo are quite ready for the major league roster, but Chavez is probably evaluating their strengths and weaknesses in an effort to see how quickly they might be available to advance without setting them back in development.  It doesn't do any good at all to rush someone up here who isn't ready in every aspect of their game.  Most of you who prefer to see these players now should be watching them on minor league TV, maybe that will satisfy your curiosity.  Once we get to September then their is a good chance they will be here because their minor league season will be effectively over.  How much they play will be dependent on where they are developmentally

"IF" Scioscia were to step down after this season, and as I have said before, the best candidates in my mind would be Albert Pujols, Ron Roenicke and perhaps Bud Black (but I doubt that he will leave the Rockies at this point).  The dark horses are Josh Paul, Brad Ausmus, and perhaps Dino Ebel.  Eppler will push for someone who is in sync with his philosophies, Arte will want someone who is loyal to him and the organization, Carpino I don't know.  Managers not only have to be adept at managing games and players, they have to be able to handle the press, fans, and represent the organization in a positive manner.  Eppler will probably have the strongest input, but it will likely be an full organizational decision with input from many, many sources.  If they want to retain Trout, I would think they will seek his input as well.  As I mentioned last night, the worse part of all this is that Trout decides to walk because a) they hire someone who he is unsure about and has to build a relationship with from ground zero, and b) he decides he would like to pick a team via free agency where he thinks he is a better fit, and gives himself a better shot at winning a Championship.