• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Betts looks like runaway MVP

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Mookie Betts is having a better year than Trout. That wasn't the case a month ago, but Trout has been mediocre for about a month now and Betts took off from where he was before his injury.

Jose Ramirez is no slouch, though. It comes down to those three, depending upon how they play in the second half. If Trout returns to form he could win it, because both Betts and Ramirez will lose votes to teammates (Martinez and Lindor, respectively).

If the Angels put up a 4th place team and Mookie keeps having this season he is having for a 100 plus win 1st place team it won't matter what Trout does he will finish behind Betts

6 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Boras is just an agent. I get some of you have this weird obsession with Boras being this evil mad genius who hates ball clubs. But in reality he is just the players agent and similarly to a real estate agent he is going to do what the player wants. If the player wants to play somewhere he will get him the most money he can which is what a good agent does. And to him being linked... so what that is just news media speculating stuff because Boston really needed offense. Media members are wrong all the time. 

I don’t have a weird obsession with Boras, my point is simply if we offered him that there’s s really good chance he uses that as leverage. 

5 minutes ago, Barrett said:

People smarter than I said multiple times that we should have traded Calhoun. I was one of them. Also I don't care about Pujols and have said that many times. Pujols is a sunk cost already. I don't care what they are spending on him, he isn't helping the Angels and hasn't for some time. You could have played him in LF or RF or DH multiple spots. Similarly what the Sox are doing with him. 

Sure, yeah, just trade Calhoun...like we were playing MLB the Show.  Genious!

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I don’t have a weird obsession with Boras, my point is simply if we offered him that there’s s really good chance he uses that as leverage. 

No offense but every agent uses everything for leverage until they get the best deal. Do you not know how negotiations work? Have you ever bought a house? Have you ever paid someone to do work for you. Everything is a negotiation to find the best deal. Hell buying a car do you just buy the first car you see for sticker or do you go to a couple dealerships and try to figure out where the most wiggle room is. 

I love that we could have had him for the same as he signed for.  I’m guessing his stats would be exactly the same.   

I guess we will never know. Maybe his numbers would be even better.... maybe they'd be worse. Never know because the Angels GM thought Upton Kinsler and Cozart would be the better money spent. 

59 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It would be neck and neck if the Angels didn't suck.

But this year looks like a done deal for Betts as long as he doesn't totally flop, get hurt or take twitter advice from Rosanne.

(Yes. Yes there is an attempt at a jinx in this post.)

troll trolling GIF

5 minutes ago, Barrett said:

No offense but every agent uses everything for leverage until they get the best deal. Do you not know how negotiations work? Have you ever bought a house? Have you ever paid someone to do work for you. Everything is a negotiation to find the best deal. Hell buying a car do you just buy the first car you see for sticker or do you go to a couple dealerships and try to figure out where the most wiggle room is. 

Yes Barrett I’ve done all those things, and it taught me that I can’t assume jack shit, something you completely ignored in this thread.   

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So are we all assuming that Eppler never talked to Boras about JD?   I’d say there’s a pretty damn good chance he talked to him about each of his free agents this past year.   You know, since it’s literally his job.  

I wasn't talking to you when I said Eppler wasn't speaking to Boras. Someone else said that Arte dislikes Boras

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes Barrett I’ve done all those things, and it taught me that I can’t assume jack shit, something you completely ignored in this thread.   

I never said you can assume the Angels would sign him. At the end of the day the best deal gets the deal done. The Angels had an opportunity to sign Martinez who so far looks like the better signing and instead went with Upton. Which has worked out in its own way. Just not in the same was as Martinez. Eppler on the offensive side of the ball free agent signing wise has been subpar. 

Just now, Barrett said:

I never said you can assume the Angels would sign him. At the end of the day the best deal gets the deal done. The Angels had an opportunity to sign Martinez who so far looks like the better signing and instead went with Upton. Which has worked out in its own way. Just not in the same was as Martinez. Eppler on the offensive side of the ball free agent signing wise has been subpar. 

And yet we still have NO idea if we ever had an opportunity.   It’s completely possible the best deal in his mind was playing back east.   Plus he really only has a 2 year deal, his contract was front loaded and the only way he opts in after year two is if his numbers or health decline next year.  

And yet we still have NO idea if we ever had an opportunity.   It’s completely possible the best deal in his mind was playing back east.   Plus he really only has a 2 year deal, his contract was front loaded and the only way he opts in after year two is if his numbers or health decline next year.  

Every team has an opportunity. It's a free market. All any team has to do is make the best offer. I completely agree I love front loaded opt out contracts. It helps the team as well. The team gets a better incentive for better play and doesn't have to pay for the down years of the players contract. It's really a win win for the players and the teams. The only downside to it, is if the player sucks ass and you have him on your team the whole contract. But that just means its a regular contract so there's that. 

1 hour ago, Barrett said:

Then that kind of puts the team in a bad position if a player we so desire has hired Boras that the Angels wont even communicate with them. and the GM has his phone number blocked from contacting Boras by the owner. Sounds like a horrible business practice. 

It is what it is bro.