• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Liberal Utopia

1 hour ago, cals said:

@Kotchman do you think there is a correlation between America’s high rate of crime and incarceration with its high percentage of citizens of African descent?

When you combine poverty with some cultures that approve of violence and criminal behavior then you’re going to have huge issues. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

I don't know exactly what those numbers are based on, but they're consistent with a tidal wave of research and voices who have been analyzing the criminal justice system for decades.

America incarcerates people at an astromincally higher rate than every other developed country. Twenty percent of the world's incarcerated people are in the U.S.

Do you honestly believe that every prison inmate belongs there? If so, no offense, but I think your career has understandably hardened you.

If you're in any way interested, an excellent read is The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander. Her emphasis is racial disparities in mass incarceration, but it's an excellent overview of the flaws in the criminal justice system as a whole.

I don't understand the "abolish prisons" movement as it seems entirely idealistic and impractical to me. But I do believe the U.S. criminal justice system is plagued by serious flaws that render it unjust to many, many people.

Most of the world operates under lawlessness and the rest simply execute criminals or they die in inhumane prisons. We turned our prisons into resorts and creates a life that isn’t all that worse than the outside for many of the inmates 

1 hour ago, cals said:

@Kotchman do you think there is a correlation between America’s high rate of crime and incarceration with its high percentage of citizens of African descent?

Absolutely. The African race has never shown the ability to function as a civilized society as a whole. I believe the last time I checked 12% of the population are black yet they commit 60% of all murders. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

False narratives, like you saying the criminals are winning because cops apparently suck at their jobs? 

Criminals are winning because we allow for freedom and there are just too manny crimes for police to stop and DAs to prosecute. Black males commit 45% of all violent crime and account for about 6% of the population. If we threw the constitution out the window as libs want to do with guns , we could eliminate 45% of violent crime by incarcerating black males at birth 

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

I believe 100% of what I'm saying and have done mucho research to arrive at my conclusions.

I’m curious how strongly your wife agrees with your positions.  

We know you have no real world experience with “urban living”.  You also grew up with such a strong Christian background that you were once paid clergy.  At some point you abandoned a more pragmatic approach to society and adopted a textbook liberal view on all issues.  

To me your positions usually show a general lack of life experience and the refusal to see things in the shades of gray that they are, particularly if It goes against inflexible liberal doctrines you apparently believe.

I’m wondering if she’s influenced you.

And don’t report me.  This is a legitimate inquiry.

8 hours ago, cals said:

I’m curious how strongly your wife agrees with your positions.  

We know you have no real world experience with “urban living”.  You also grew up with such a strong Christian background that you were once paid clergy.  At some point you abandoned a more pragmatic approach to society and adopted a textbook liberal view on all issues.  

To me your positions usually show a general lack of life experience and the refusal to see things in the shades of gray that they are, particularly if It goes against inflexible liberal doctrines you apparently believe.

I’m wondering if she’s influenced you.

And don’t report me.  This is a legitimate inquiry.

It’s is odd that he has found an unlimited amount gray area in the word of God and zero in the word of Rachel Maddow