• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Liberal Utopia

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I don't know.  But the way the polling is going, LA is going to get a heavy dose of BLM and turn LA into a bigger shitshow than it is.

I’ve been saying it. What is currently happening is exactly what the residents want. I don’t know why that is though. 

Edited by Jason

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Terrible. I don't know what the Portland Freedom Fund is but they should be focusing on bailing out non-violent offenders, not domestic murderers.

56 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Terrible. I don't know what the Portland Freedom Fund is but they should be focusing on bailing out non-violent offenders, not domestic murderers.

I think they believe jails and prisons should be abolished altogether. I think everyone here can agree that some people should be locked up their entire lives 

On 9/1/2022 at 1:09 PM, Jason said:

I think they believe jails and prisons should be abolished altogether. I think everyone here can agree that some people should be locked up their entire lives 

I worked in and around prisons for nearly 40 years. They are necessary, and they separate a lot of dangerous people from the general public. Every inmate earned his or her way in somehow. People aren't randomly snatched off the streets and incarcerated.

3 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I worked in and around prisons for nearly 40 years. They are necessary, and they separate a lot of dangerous people from the general public. Every inmate earned his or her way in somehow. People aren't randomly snatched off the streets and incarcerated.

Screenshot_20220909-151638.png

Longest prison sentences served by exonerated people

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Not sure what this is based upon. Is the justice system perfect? No. But 99 percent of the inmates who you talk to will tell you that they are innocent, they got railroaded, their lawyer sucked, they took the fall for somebody else, etc. I have heard the same stories for 40 years.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

28 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Not sure what this is based upon. Is the justice system perfect? No. But 99 percent of the inmates who you talk to will tell you that they are innocent, they got railroaded, their lawyer sucked, they took the fall for somebody else, etc. I have heard the same stories for 40 years.

I don't know exactly what those numbers are based on, but they're consistent with a tidal wave of research and voices who have been analyzing the criminal justice system for decades.

America incarcerates people at an astromincally higher rate than every other developed country. Twenty percent of the world's incarcerated people are in the U.S.

Do you honestly believe that every prison inmate belongs there? If so, no offense, but I think your career has understandably hardened you.

If you're in any way interested, an excellent read is The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander. Her emphasis is racial disparities in mass incarceration, but it's an excellent overview of the flaws in the criminal justice system as a whole.

I don't understand the "abolish prisons" movement as it seems entirely idealistic and impractical to me. But I do believe the U.S. criminal justice system is plagued by serious flaws that render it unjust to many, many people.

Taylor, there are over 200,000 unsolved murder, rapes and abductions in the US. I think the criminals are in the lead in terms of imbalanced justice. 

Here is just the murders in DC this year.

https://mpdc.dc.gov/page/major-case-unsolved-homicides-2022

I wonder who is responsible for all of these people of color being murdered? If there is a racial disparity it's because there is one regarding murder in urban areas. 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Taylor, there are over 200,000 unsolved murder, rapes and abductions in the US. I think the criminals are in the lead in terms of imbalanced justice. 

Here is just the murders in DC this year.

https://mpdc.dc.gov/page/major-case-unsolved-homicides-2022

I wonder who is responsible for all of these people of color bing murdered? If there is a racial disparity it's because there is one regarding murder in urban areas. 

Hey look over there!