• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Deck McGuire, Designate Juan Graterol For Assignment

Just now, floplag said:

its funny how looking at facts and basing an opinion on what has been done is ignorant, yet basing it on what could be done is somehow accurate in your mind? 
I get it, you want to believe, you want there to be more, so do i, but you are basing your opinion on literally nothing but hope.  
Regardless calling someone ignorant for stating facts isnt exactly logical. 

I called you ignorant for your assumption that A) this trade means something B)this obviously means he isn’t willing to upgrade the team because he wasn’t willing to pay the price for Herrera.  

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

I called you ignorant for your assumption that A) this trade means something B)this obviously means he isn’t willing to upgrade the team because he wasn’t willing to pay the price for Herrera.  

and of course i said neither of those things so you were wrong. 

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

comedy central fencing GIF

Yea, that is what I do, I run away.  Jesus you are ridiculous.  Let me know when you’ve seen it in my nature to run away from a stupid argument.  If anything I am the guy chasing because I am stupid and like arguing with other stupid people.  Practice your memes.

14 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yea, that is what I do, I run away.  Jesus you are ridiculous.  Let me know when you’ve seen it in my nature to run away from a stupid argument.  If anything I am the guy chasing because I am stupid and like arguing with other stupid people.  Practice your memes.

comedy central fencing GIF

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

“This is what pretenders do”

...and you got those 2 things from those?  Quite a leap there son.   Let me clarify for you so we can move on...

First off let me say that ANY trade means something.  The degree varies of course but they all have meaning.   We can take away whatever we want from this one but its clearly not one that has the ML club in mind, i dont think anyone disputes that.   He chose to spend his time on that over other things, thus it was a priority to him over other things that he was not spending time on.  Simple logic.   By definition any other thing could not have been as important as he choose to put it aside.  Thus, it WAS his priority. 

He chose not to pay the price for Herrera.   Now, does that mean he is "unwilling to upgrade the team", no, of course it doesnt.  It does mean emphatically that he was not willing to make THIS trade.   One that in my opinion helps this club now and doesnt significantly sacrifice its future in the process.  I do not know why any more than you do, but again, the fact is not in dispute. 

Id like to think hes holding out for better, that he has some grand plan that he wanted to keep his chips available, but he hasnt show that yet.  In fact hes shown the opposite in regards to the bullpen.  Again, thats a fact.  For the last 2 seasons hes gone dumpster diving for clean peanuts, noone can possibly say otherwise at this point.  I grant he got lucky last year, but that doesnt change the fact that it was what happened.  Nor does it change the fact that it is the single most responsible reason why we are not currently in contention right now.

So, this isnt JUST about Herrera, its about the principle of it... the Nats went out and made a move to push for the post, we upgraded the bullpen at SLC.  If you cant see the difference between those 2 things or why they would bother someone there is literally nothing left to say on the subject.  Im out 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

...and you got those 2 things from those?  Quite a leap there son.   Let me clarify for you so we can move on...

First off let me say that ANY trade means something.  The degree varies of course but they all have meaning.   We can take away whatever we want from this one but its clearly not one that has the ML club in mind, i dont think anyone disputes that.   He chose to spend his time on that over other things, thus it was a priority to him over other things that he was not spending time on.  Simple logic.   By definition any other thing could not have been as important as he choose to put it aside.  Thus, it WAS his priority. 

He chose not to pay the price for Herrera.   Now, does that mean he is "unwilling to upgrade the team", no, of course it doesnt.  It does mean emphatically that he was not willing to make THIS trade.   One that in my opinion helps this club now and doesnt significantly sacrifice its future in the process.  I do not know why any more than you do, but again, the fact is not in dispute. 

Id like to think hes holding out for better, that he has some grand plan that he wanted to keep his chips available, but he hasnt show that yet.  In fact hes shown the opposite in regards to the bullpen.  Again, thats a fact.  For the last 2 seasons hes gone dumpster diving for clean peanuts, noone can possibly say otherwise at this point.  I grant he got lucky last year, but that doesnt change the fact that it was what happened.  Nor does it change the fact that it is the single most responsible reason why we are not currently in contention right now.

So, this isnt JUST about Herrera, its about the principle of it... the Nats went out and made a move to push for the post, we upgraded the bullpen at SLC.  If you cant see the difference between those 2 things or why they would bother someone there is literally nothing left to say on the subject.  Im out 

miley cyrus GIF

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

Cool, bye.  I like how lucky has become a fact.  I guess it is a fact that we are pretenders, because, well you said so.  Enjoy the rest of your day.  

Relievers who can pitch in the majors and be optioned are valuable to the Angels. Ian Krol came and went because he couldn’t be optioned. 

Paredes, Pena and Morris are really the only up-and-down optionable relievers right now. So if this guy is better than any of them, he provides a benefit. 

39 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I’m off today.  I’m pretty sure everyone here has a job.  How are you Blarg?  

On what feels like permanent standby waiting for the show to be locked. So, too much time on my hands.