• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

The Dodgers carry local craft breweries, they dont have to be from the OC. The problem isnt a lack of breweries or their ability to meet the demand of a sporting event, its has more to do with the Angels focus on a family experience and they are focused on how to improve that experience. Therefore they will continue to be followers in regards to beer sales and not leaders.

Goose Island IPA sucks. We have never had their barrel aged beers out this way so I will hold off on knocking the brewery totally.

A few months ago they had a keg of the Goose Island Bourbon County Imperial Stout. Said there were only "6 barrels shipped to this side of the Mississippi". It was really good and is 15% People were driving in from all over to drink it.

Other than that haven't been a fan of theirs.

A few months ago they had a keg of the Goose Island Bourbon County Imperial Stout. Said there were only "6 barrels shipped to this side of the Mississippi". It was really good and is 15% People were driving in from all over to drink it.

Other than that haven't been a fan of theirs.

Actually going to the Daily Pint tonight to give this a try among other beers of theirs. I know many say the Bourbon County is really good but outside of that we shall see. I don't expect much though. 

Also heading over to try The Bruery Or Xata. Blonde ale spiced with vanilla and cinnamon. Supposed to be their take on a Horachata. 

Funny that we were talking about this yesterday and today there is an article. I forgot that the Knothole does have Noble but it has never been actually available the half a dozen or so times that I walked over and checked. I would be happy if I saw more Pujols HR's with meh beer though.

The Angels, Athletics and Dodgers are striking out when it comes to craft beer.  The potential these teams have to endorse and support local craft breweries while enhancing America’s pastime is amazing.  Just think of how much better it would be seeing Albert Pujols, Brandon Moss or Matt Kemp blast a homer while you’re sipping a fresh pint of beer from a local brewery.

http://www.beersinparadise.com/?p=15864

Actually going to the Daily Pint tonight to give this a try among other beers of theirs. I know many say the Bourbon County is really good but outside of that we shall see. I don't expect much though. 

Also heading over to try The Bruery Or Xata. Blonde ale spiced with vanilla and cinnamon. Supposed to be their take on a Horachata. 

If you like barrel aged stouts it's impossible to not like Bourbon County. It's a great beer for its genre.

Funny that we were talking about this yesterday and today there is an article. I forgot that the Knothole does have Noble but it has never been actually available the half a dozen or so times that I walked over and checked. I would be happy if I saw more Pujols HR's with meh beer though.

The Angels, Athletics and Dodgers are striking out when it comes to craft beer.  The potential these teams have to endorse and support local craft breweries while enhancing America’s pastime is amazing.  Just think of how much better it would be seeing Albert Pujols, Brandon Moss or Matt Kemp blast a homer while you’re sipping a fresh pint of beer from a local brewery.

yeah one of the big plusses of giants game is the insane selection of good craft beer.

we always hit public house pre-game too, there is an entry so you can walk right into the stadium and bring your beer.

yeah one of the big plusses of giants game is the insane selection of good craft beer.

we always hit public house pre-game too, there is an entry so you can walk right into the stadium and bring your beer.

That's awesome. I'll have to check that place out next time I catch a game there. 

Alpine Just put Limits on Bottles a couple days ago, Max of 3 per day per person because of people re-selling their beer.

Due to increased demand, currently maxed out supply, (and stressed out brewers), and rather than raise our prices, we have had to implement new limits on bottle and growler sales. As of today, July 5th, there will be a limit of three 22 bottles, per beer, per customer, per day. There will be a limit of four growler fills, per beer, per customer, and a limit of two NEW growlers, per customer, per day.

We may not sell to groups.

We WILL NOT sell beer to people we think may re-sell it, because to do so is against the law, and could jeopardize both of our licenses. It's because of liquor stores sending people in to buy our beer, and illegally re-sell it, that we had to put limits on our bottle sales in the first place.

You can directly blame Windy City/Craftshack in El Cajon. We would have more beer for you, if it wasn't for them! Please contact them and let them know how you feel about that.

That is so cool!  Def need to go to a game there.  Love SF, so much good beer there.

That article has some fairly lengthy paragraphs.  

That article has some fairly lengthy paragraphs.  

He was drinking while writing, it happens. 

Here are some reviews of beers from last night. 

The Bruery Or Xata : 10/10

I was mad that I missed the pour at Beer Belly last month so I wasnt missing last night. Great cream beer. The cinnamon and vanilla are obvious and the damn thing tasted more like Horchata than beer and still sits in the 7's to provide a punch. Highly recommend. 

Goose Island Night Stalker imperial Stout 8.5/10

A bit of a beast right here at 11.7%. Not a chocolate or coffee flavor but more earthy (looked it up and the plums being incorporated surprised me. Not a huge stout guy therefore a little lower rating but a must have for stout fans. 

Goose Island Sofie Paradisi Saison 9/10

My style of beer as you can taste the obvious citrus backbone. Easy, light drinker. Really good stuff.

The rest was meh quite honestly. Matilda, their pale ale, was nothing special and the Honkers English Bitter was much the same. Tonight it is off to Select for the release of Aroma Coma and Preita.

http://www.shankennewsdaily.com/index.php/2013/07/08/6233/following-new-york-bells-brewery-to-target-california/

Following New York, Bell’s Brewery to Target CaliforniaJuly 8, 2013

Southern California is likely the next expansion market for fast-growing Bell’s Brewery Inc., following expected entry into New York this fall. In fact, the Kalamazoo, Michigan-based Bell’s—the seventh-largest craft brewer in the country—is “close to making decisions” on distributor partners in the Empire State, Larry Bell, founder and president, tells Shanken News Daily, with expansion into the upstate market set to precede distribution in New York City.

The Bevmo by me is only getting Aroma Coma. I'm sure a bottle shop around here will get some. I'll be in Corona this weekend so maybe Total wine on the way or El Ceritto.

Also said Hopocalypse was on the order, they make one last batch of it or is it an old one?

Prieta is not being distributed from what I heard. Aroma Coma was pretty easy to find last year. I would say the Hopocalypse is bs in all honesty. I havent heard of them brewing it outside of Feb. Interesting that they said that.