• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

I don't know if you have been following the story of Goose island but they have a great history of brewing but were bought out by a parent company of Budweiser. This led to an uproar in the beer community for obvious reasons. 

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/dailydish/la-dd-goose-island-beers-coming-west-20130708,0,6279713.story

Yes, I read about it.  Their beer is still good.

They have their palomino pale ale. They have so many local breweries they could be tapping into in order to make a unique experience yet they fail. maybe it has to do with the contract they have with companies to bring in beer but I doubt that since Petco and SF both have great selections. 

San Francisco and San Diego both have a lot more craft breweries than Orange County, so they've had the presence in their stadiums for a longer time.  It def has to do with distributors and contracts.  It costs a big chunk of change to get your beer in the stadium, many smaller breweries can't afford that kind of money.

San Francisco and San Diego both have a lot more craft breweries than Orange County, so they've had the presence in their stadiums for a longer time.  It def has to do with distributors and contracts.  It costs a big chunk of change to get your beer in the stadium, many smaller breweries can't afford that kind of money.

The Dodgers carry local craft breweries, they dont have to be from the OC. The problem isnt a lack of breweries or their ability to meet the demand of a sporting event, its has more to do with the Angels focus on a family experience and they are focused on how to improve that experience. Therefore they will continue to be followers in regards to beer sales and not leaders. 

Goose Island IPA sucks. We have never had their barrel aged beers out this way so I will hold off on knocking the brewery totally.

The Dodgers carry local craft breweries, they dont have to be from the OC. The problem isnt a lack of breweries or their ability to meet the demand of a sporting event, its has more to do with the Angels focus on a family experience and they are focused on how to improve that experience. Therefore they will continue to be followers in regards to beer sales and not leaders. 

Goose Island IPA sucks. We have never had their barrel aged beers out this way so I will hold off on knocking the brewery totally.

I don't believe the Dodgers have as many craft breweries as Angels Stadium does?  And like I said, a big part has to do with money that the breweries have to pay to be served in the stadium.  Also, breweries such as Noble do not produce enough beer at this time to even be able to think about trying to get into the stadium.  

And everyone has different tastes in beer.

: )

Only reason I'm going to Stone Oceanside this Friday is for RuinTen, and even then I'm debating on not going because it'll be packed. IRS 2010 and Double Bastard with toasted oak are probably the only 2 I'd want other than RuinTen

And Saturday the 13th is Lost Abbey's Annual Christmas in July. The release of Bourbon Barrel Aged Santa's Little helper. With some good special taps on top of their normal good stuff, I'm a huge Lost Abbey fan. Will be there at opening. Getting a few to stash away for a year or so.

2012 Deliverance

Older Viscosity

Framboise de Amorosa

Red Poppy

2013 Bourbon Santa’s Little Helper

2011 Brandy barrel-aged Santa’s

2011 Santa’s Little Helper

I don't believe the Dodgers have as many craft breweries as Angels Stadium does?  And like I said, a big part has to do with money that the breweries have to pay to be served in the stadium.  Also, breweries such as Noble do not produce enough beer at this time to even be able to think about trying to get into the stadium.  

And everyone has different tastes in beer.

: )

The Dodgers carry about the same but they have a better selection of styles. The Angels stay away from the stronger beers for a reason, a family environment. Of course supply and demand plays a part but it isnt like Angel City, Golden Road, Stone or ballast Point are just too far away to get in the stadium. All of them can handle it. 

Only reason I'm going to Stone Oceanside this Friday is for RuinTen, and even then I'm debating on not going because it'll be packed. IRS 2010 and Double Bastard with toasted oak are probably the only 2 I'd want other than RuinTen

And Saturday the 13th is Lost Abbey's Annual Christmas in July. The release of Bourbon Barrel Aged Santa's Little helper. With some good special taps on top of their normal good stuff, I'm a huge Lost Abbey fan. Will be there at opening. Getting a few to stash away for a year or so.

2012 Deliverance

Older Viscosity

Framboise de Amorosa

Red Poppy

2013 Bourbon Santa’s Little Helper

2011 Brandy barrel-aged Santa’s

2011 Santa’s Little Helper

RuinTen is available at Total Wines here in Tustin for $7. Just picked one up. Older Viscosity was available a few weeks ago. May still be. I picked up 3.

Let me know if you make it to lost abbey and can grab any of the barrel aged Santa's little helper for me. I'd be willing to pay or I have an extra Deschutes XXV I would trade.

Also Societe brewing is having their one year anniversary bash on Saturday. I'm going to Gaffigan in Anaheim that night so I can't make any of that stuff.

RuinTen is available at Total Wines here in Tustin for $7. Just picked one up. Older Viscosity was available a few weeks ago. May still be. I picked up 3.

Let me know if you make it to lost abbey and can grab any of the barrel aged Santa's little helper for me. I'd be willing to pay or I have an extra Deschutes XXV I would trade.

Also Societe brewing is having their one year anniversary bash on Saturday. I'm going to Gaffigan in Anaheim that night so I can't make any of that stuff.

I would imagine the SLH barrel aged are all on tap or cask, not bottled

RuinTen is available a lot of places, I have my stock of that! Some people earlier spotted it at Costco for $5.50. I'm talking about getting my growler filled at stone. Places around here have plenty of Older, sticker shock scares a lot of people away I think.

I can get an extra, I'm going for sure. I'd do the trade for sure.

Good cause, good beer. 

Yes! There will be a tree with random Lost abbey gifts (possible Ultimate Box Set and other rarities) for an additional $15, will be partaking in that as well.

I would imagine the SLH barrel aged are all on tap or cask, not bottled

They do Bottle the barrel aged Santa. 22oz $15 each 6 bottle limit.

Those beer festivals are highly overrated. Usually only two or three actual brews that are hard to find and the rest is just the norm yet one pays $40 or so for a handful of tasters. However, there are ones such as Firestone Walker, Anderson valley etc that are really good. 

Although, it is fun to go to one and watch someone down Le Freak and see how the evening proceeds......not that anybody here has ever done such things.

Those beer festivals are highly overrated. Usually only two or three actual brews that are hard to find and the rest is just the norm yet one pays $40 or so for a handful of tasters. However, there are ones such as Firestone Walker, Anderson valley etc that are really good.

Although, it is fun to go to one and watch someone down Le Freak and see how the evening proceeds......not that anybody here has ever done such things.

I don't remember, er, know what you're talking about.

Firestone Walker Invitational Beer Fest is amazing!  I'd def go if you haven't been.  Stone Brewing's Anniversary is another really good one.