• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

On 4/11/2023 at 2:52 PM, Stradling said:

Thought you might like this picture with the Colorado Rockies in the background.  

6E343FC9-0717-4FAB-AE55-D617A3618B23.jpeg

I was always curious, how much do these things cost to make for you guys? Also, do you guys own the rig/vehicle as well, or just the kitchen trailers?

46 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I was always curious, how much do these things cost to make for you guys? Also, do you guys own the rig/vehicle as well, or just the kitchen trailers?

We own it all. The cost is crazy to fabricate the kitchen and right now it takes for ever to get a tractor from Peterbuilt and the trailer from Featherlight.  Once we get the tractor it goes to up-fitting where they turn it from a two door to a four door. The two tractors we have in up-fitting now are finished after 550 days of being there. Converting the trailer from “a shell” into a kitchen takes about 9 months. 
Long story short if we wanted to open a new facility we’d have to order the tractors and trailers first because they take longer than building a facility to house them. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We own it all. The cost is crazy to fabricate the kitchen and right now it takes for ever to get a tractor from Peterbuilt and the trailer from Featherlight.  Once we get the tractor it goes to up-fitting where they turn it from a two door to a four door. The two tractors we have in up-fitting now are finished after 550 days of being there. Converting the trailer from “a shell” into a kitchen takes about 9 months. 
Long story short if we wanted to open a new facility we’d have to order the tractors and trailers first because they take longer than building a facility to house them. 

So do you guys have to hire a person whose sole purpose is driving these things too with a CDL? Seems like some crazy logistics.

11 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

So do you guys have to hire a person whose sole purpose is driving these things too with a CDL? Seems like some crazy logistics.

We train them in house. In So Cal I have just under 30 managers/shift managers with CDLs. And about 20 total in the other 3 states. 

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yeah, I've seen the food trucks many times, but that big rig has to be nuts to build out. What's the ballpark for the cost?

I'm just curious as lately I've going down these huge rabbit holes of people converting trailers, vans, buses, campers, etc. and the costs these people are spending on fabricating, woodworking, electrical, etc.

I feel like I have an idea on the price of that thing, but we are also talking high end kitchen equipment/appliances opposed to lifestyle mods like I watch.

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, I've seen the food trucks many times, but that big rig has to be nuts to build out. What's the ballpark for the cost?

I'm just curious as lately I've going down these huge rabbit holes of people converting trailers, vans, buses, campers, etc. and the costs these people are spending on fabricating, woodworking, electrical, etc.

I feel like I have an idea on the price of that thing, but we are also talking high end kitchen equipment/appliances opposed to lifestyle mods like I watch.

Isn't it amazing how much those things cost now that it's become a trendy thing?  I've been looking into a light trailer that my Sub can tow, and even a bare bones one will run over 10k.  

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Isn't it amazing how much those things cost now that it's become a trendy thing?  I've been looking into a light trailer that my Sub can tow, and even a bare bones one will run over 10k.  

these aren't really known for their ability to tow, but if anyone can pull it off, it's you, my friend.

download-1.jpg

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

What's weird to me is the disparity. There is a dude around Carlsbad or somewhere in SD that does crazy good builds that are around $200-$300k, but then someone will do a total tour of one not too far off for around $60k.

The premium these dudes are charging for labor is pretty nuts.....but they are just taking advantage of the market as most of the ones that aren't the DIY types just have the disposable income to shell out.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I might hit you up for that, thanks.  Is it enough to last So Cal the rest of the month?  I’d assume the average store uses 5-7 gallons a day.  

What are you guys using for an alternative? I was planning on hitting it up for lunch today. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I might hit you up for that, thanks.  Is it enough to last So Cal the rest of the month?  I’d assume the average store uses 5-7 gallons a day.  

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

What are you guys using for an alternative? I was planning on hitting it up for lunch today. 

Just found out. Pepperoncini. This is bullshit and I hold you personally accountable for it. 

54 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Just found out. Pepperoncini. This is bullshit and I hold you personally accountable for it. 

You didn’t find out.  They are spicy banana peppers.  Casabellas just aren’t available.  But I have no problem taking all of the blame.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

You didn’t find out.  They are spicy banana peppers.  Casabellas just aren’t available.  But I have no problem taking all of the blame.  Thanks.

Pretty much the same thing. It's a lie regardless. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 11:43 AM, Taylor said:

Krystal is what the teens in Tennessee take when they're bored because there's nothing to do.

The founders of Krystal actually visited White Castle before founding the chain in the 1920s, and used many of the same business principles. There are some differences in how the sandwiches are prepared (for instance, Krystal uses a bun steamer and White Castle doesn't). It probably depends upon what you were raised with. Having had both, IMO Krystal kicks White Castle to the curb.