• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does someone have a list of longest shots in Anaheim Stadium history?

20 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Trouts last night was 446 right? I thought it said 524 on the screen during the game but when I checked the recap, it was 446.

It said 524, but many speculated it couldn't have been that long.  I think 446 was an estimate.  I haven't seen an official number.  

32 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Trouts last night was 446 right? I thought it said 524 on the screen during the game but when I checked the recap, it was 446.

I used google earth program and had the shot at around 456.  Taking in room for error 446 is probably pretty close.

using the same program Bonds shot was around 444.  Trouts shot last night might have been longer.

The longest shots I've seen live at Angels Stadium:

1. Bonds' shot in 2002

2. Bo Jackson's shot in the All-Star game

3. Possibly/probably Trout's last night (need an official measurement). If it were 524, it would be the longest, but in retrospect, I'm guessing about 460 is right.

I guessed 450 when he hit it, during the GDT... But moments later, it said 524 so I just listened. 

I guessed 450 when it happened, because I was comparing it to a Jose Guillen walk off game I was at, where the ball landed in the same general area, and it was estimated at 450.

I think 450 is closer than 524 imo.......................

I saw Todd Greene almost put one out of the old enclosed  stadium... it hit the roof facade on the third deck.   It didn't get out as quickly as Trout's ball last night did, but it was in the air a hell of a lot longer and carried for days....

I wish they had statcast back then -- I don't think anyone has hit a ball further in Angel Stadium than that one.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

I saw Todd Greene almost put one out of the old enclosed  stadium... it hit the roof facade on the third deck.   It didn't get out as quickly as Trout's ball last night did, but it was in the air a hell of a lot longer and carried for days....

I wish they had statcast back then -- I don't think anyone has hit a ball further in Angel Stadium than that one.

Forgot about Todd Greene. Thanks for reminding me. I remember seeing Todd Greene shanking one out of the stadium a mile foul over the 3rd deck down the 3B line. That was a bomb, but not an HR. 

16 minutes ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Forgot about Todd Greene. Thanks for reminding me. I remember seeing Todd Greene shanking one out of the stadium a mile foul over the 3rd deck down the 3B line. That was a bomb, but not an HR. 

People forget about him, but he had stupid power...    You know whats crazy is Im sure most people think he flamed out here and disappeared.  Dude actually went on to get 1500 at bats in MLB .   Finished his career with a 730 OPS and 71 bombs...  His 162 game average worked out to 20 HRs...  He's another guy that people think was just a bust, but if not for injuries he may have made a bigger mark.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I was there for the Bonds WS blast in 2002 and it was high and long (might have caromed off the moon that night), but for me, the longest I saw was back during the stadium renovation in 1997 when Ken Griffey Jr. hit one to right center that looked like it exited the stadium with the upper deck removed during construction. I later checked the newspaper reports and no one seemed to mention it as anything special but that ball went a looooong way.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

People forget about him, but he has stupid power...    You know whats crazy is Im sure most people think he flamed out here and disappeared.  Dude actually went on to get 1500 at bats in MLB .   Finished his career with a 730 OPS and 71 bombs...  His 162 game average worked out to 20 HRs...  He's another guy that people think was just a bust, but if not for injuries he may have made a bigger mark.

Very much agreed. Injuries suck. I remember having such high hopes for him as a player.

5 hours ago, greginpsca said:

I remember Dallas MacPherson hitting one quite a way up on the batters eye .  That would be in the vicinity of the Bo Jackson hr.

D-Mac and Greene were both stupid power ..  Both were done under by their bodies and IMO both get mislabeled as busts.

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

I used google earth program and had the shot at around 456.  Taking in room for error 446 is probably pretty close.

using the same program Bonds shot was around 444.  Trouts shot last night might have been longer.

But you can't do that, right?  You have to project where it would land...

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I cannot believe that. I can maybe believe he hit the facade of the second deck, but I have never even see someone approach hitting the ball into the second deck at Angels stadium, and being down the line it is much closer. Trout's ball last night wasn't even close to the second deck/