• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heaney and Skaggs

14 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Probably too early to tell.....but it would be nice to have him....and it's not like Bean overpays, so he was still affordable....I think Valbuena and Espinosa are Eppler's biggest stinkers so far.....I get Espinosa, one year commitment without much trade cost, but I still don't see what he was thinking to give Valbuena the deal he did....I suspect he was bidding against himself....can't imagine anybody else was offering Valbuena close to 2 years and 15 million....

Valbuena was coming off a great year, hitting .260/.357/.459, had been hitting a fair amount above league average for 3 straight seasons...his drop off wasn't something one could reasonably expect.

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Valnobueno can't even take advantage so far of the lower RF fence at home.   Just five total XBH's in 82 total at bats

Even worse, he has no plate discipline anymore, unlike the past 3 AL seasons.   THREE BB's in 82 at bats????? 

I am ready for him to go.  That being said, the entire team is not walking.  

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Valbuena was coming off a great year, hitting .260/.357/.459, had been hitting a fair amount above league average for 3 straight seasons...his drop off wasn't something one could reasonably expect.

I don't recall much competition to sign him....maybe I'm wrong....