Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

Heaney and Skaggs


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Seriously dude...not getting the love they deserve for the Skanks series.

Skaggs: 5 1/3 innings, 2 ER, 8 Ks, 2 BBs

Heaney: 5 Innings, 1 ER, 9 Ks, 1 BB

Yes, I wish they could have gone a little deeper, but they kept the Yankees bats down as well as one could expect, and looked damn good doing it too.

 

 

Give us those numbers for 7 innings and I will give them the love they deserve. The BP will give them love too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Give us those numbers for 7 innings and I will give them the love they deserve. The BP will give them love too.

I'll take 5 innings of pitching like that vs the 1 inning that Richards had on Saturday. Of course everyone wants them to go deeper but 5 solid innings is really all you can ask for at this point. This is where they miss guys like Petit who can go multiple innings to bridge to the back end of the BP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'll take 5 innings of pitching like that vs the 1 inning that Richards had on Saturday. Of course everyone wants them to go deeper but 5 solid innings is really all you can ask for at this point. This is where they miss guys like Petit who can go multiple innings to bridge to the back end of the BP.

Why is 5 solids innings all you can ask for when old-timers like CC and Bartolo can even go more than that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Richards is the one that got shelled by the Yanks, but if Cozart somehow could have turned that error into a inning ending double play Richards could have escaped the first unscathed. Who knows what might have been if he hadn't become rattled from that going forward.

This is a great point.   If indeed Richards was rattled, why the heck is a near 30 year-old getting rattled?

And also if indeed true, is why I would not want to keep him beyond when he becomes a FA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'll take 5 innings of pitching like that vs the 1 inning that Richards had on Saturday. Of course everyone wants them to go deeper but 5 solid innings is really all you can ask for at this point. This is where they miss guys like Petit who can go multiple innings to bridge to the back end of the BP.

always felt we shouldn't let Petit go.  Was he asking too much?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stormngt said:

always felt we shouldn't let Petit go.  Was he asking too much?

Obviously I don't know what he was asking for but he ended up getting 5M per. That may be too rich for Epplers blood. He was too good for us last year imo to let that walk for the difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Seriously dude...not getting the love they deserve for the Skanks series.

Skaggs: 5 1/3 innings, 2 ER, 8 Ks, 2 BBs

Heaney: 5 Innings, 1 ER, 9 Ks, 1 BB

Yes, I wish they could have gone a little deeper, but they kept the Yankees bats down as well as one could expect, and looked damn good doing it too.

 

 

Very good point that was kinda lost in the crowd in Anaheim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

2 guys coming back from serious injuries. I wouldn't push the pitch count by game. Skaggs is striking guys out which is good but effects his pitch count.

I’m not talking about pushing the pitch count.

Skaggs/Heaney 90 pitches = 5 innings

CC/Bartolo 90 pitches = 7 innings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Skaggs has said one of the major reasons he wants to throw a changeup is it will help him get quicker outs and be more efficient. It worked against Houston, not as well against the Yankees. The Yankees also have a very good lineup that was very hot. 

I talked to Eppler about the lack of pitchers getting deep in games and he said some of that is just baseball in 2018. Hitters are trained to not let you get deep.

Obviously, the Angels are still worse than other teams in this respect, but the gap isn’t that big. If your starters average 5 innings, you’re one of the worst. If they average 6, you’re one of the best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

Why is 5 solids innings all you can ask for when old-timers like CC and Bartolo can even go more than that?

The reality is a team that has nothing but 5 inning starters is going to have a lousy year.

Yes we all know the individual reasons for some of these guys going only 5 (or less!), but this has got to evolve quickly into longer outings or the win/loss record is not going to be what anyone was hoping for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Obviously I don't know what he was asking for but he ended up getting 5M per. That may be too rich for Epplers blood. He was too good for us last year imo to let that walk for the difference.

 

5 million a year is a great deal for what he brings to the bullpen.  Eppler hasn't made too many mistakes, but not bringing Petit back is one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

5 million a year is a great deal for what he brings to the bullpen.  Eppler hasn't made too many mistakes, but not bringing Petit back is one of them.

Probably too early to tell.....but it would be nice to have him....and it's not like Bean overpays, so he was still affordable....I think Valbuena and Espinosa are Eppler's biggest stinkers so far.....I get Espinosa, one year commitment without much trade cost, but I still don't see what he was thinking to give Valbuena the deal he did....I suspect he was bidding against himself....can't imagine anybody else was offering Valbuena close to 2 years and 15 million....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...