• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pie in the Sky Free Agent Poll

Taylor

Pie in the Sky Free Agent Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather see in an Angels uniform?

The Angels only have Pujols through the 2021 (if he lasts that long) and the Angels could always have Harper's contract back loaded until 2022.  To act like it is not doable for the Angels to be able to pay for Trout, Harper, Simmons and Ohtani is foolish.  It is possible.  Is it likely?  I doubt it, but they could easily afford it if Arte really wanted to.

3 hours ago, Torridd said:

Do you think that Harper and Trout can get along without egos clashing?

Trout doesn't have an ego...so answer is yes

Harpers ego will be satisfied by being part of the two of the most feared hitters in baseball.  Only one that could compare is Ruth and Gherig

I have to go with Harper. And as for him having an attitude, personally, I love players with an attitude. One of my favorite memories of Mike Trout is when he and Pujols had back to back hits off of Fernando Rodney and did their 'bow & arrow' imitation.    

A couple of years ago when my great-nephew was being recruited by UNLV, he met Brian Harper. Harper took my great-nephew and a couple of other players out to dinner and a UNLV basketball game. (not an NCAA violation because Harper was not recruiting them or affiliated with the school he was just working out in their training facility. Harper lives in the Vegas area). My great-nephew said Harper was very polite and extremely funny. He told them what to expect if they ever made it to the MLB. He also pointed out to them that all great players have developed some kind of an edge (attitude), that's what sets them apart. My great-nephew didn't sign with UNLV because of Harper. He signed because they had a 'pretty good' pitching coach. The pitching coach's name is 'HOFer' Greg 'Mad Dog' Maddux. Another MLB player with a well known 'nasty attitude' when playing.