• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Cogs for Shore

With how this season and offseason started.  You kind of knew that this was coming.  Cogs for some reason was on Carlyle's doghouse from the preseason.  Cogs will do well in Dallas under a real coach.  just like Pettersson.

But at least for now, Ducks get younger.  31 YO for a 24 YO.  About the same production.  2 year $2.3 million for Shore, 3 year $3.25 million for Cogs.  So the Ducks do clear some space.  

Oh, and BTW.  I can see the fans really boycotting the next home game.  Not only does the GM not fire Carlyle.  But Cogs had a pretty big following.  if the fans had any heart, the stadium will be empty just to make a statement.

I don’t really care that they traded Cogoiano.  I think it’s good that they cleared some payroll and while I liked Cogliano (both as a player and a dude on the team) I do think and have been saying that the Ducks need to shake things up with new personnel. 

I suspect that the club made this move in an effort to spur something out of the locker room.   Sometimes this kind of stuff works in the short term.  

@nate Yeah, I can see Silfverberg gone next easy.  Really, the Rico line should be #2/close to #1 in minutes.  Kesler actually with his play is better suited for a #4 line center.  Shore as the #3/#4 line center.  Probably #3, and surround him with Aberg/Sprong and probably Perry when he gets back.  /ugh

But really, it never helps that the GM and the Coach blames the players.  When the system is broke, nothing will help, and may turn the clubhouse sour.  How Petersson goes from barely a third line to a complete steal.  Murray has to really look in the mirror.  Did he make a mistake in evaluation of Petersson?  Looks like that's a no.  Was he not ready for the NHL?  Again, looks like a no.  So was it the coaches fault?  Sure does look that way.  

Treading water. That's all we're doing now.

Perry's contract is crap. Ducks aren't going to buy him out. The closer it gets to the end, the easier it will be to unload him. And, you never know. He could be better when he comes back. Kesler has been worse. But I think Perry is far enough down that he's more likely to get better than worse.

Kesler is still wait and see (well, I haven't totally given up on him yet... yet). But, it can't be seen positively.

Getzlaf doesn't score goals.

The state of our three biggest contracts. We're not going anywhere. They're just riding it out.

I wouldn't fire Randy either if I was Bob. What's the point. Fix what you can on the team. Ride the big contracts out a ways. Keep an eye out for a better coach. I don't know how well Bob will be able to make it work. But it's the direction that makes the most sense.

And if it's the coaching that's making us tank, I guess we'll have a better shot at Hughes ( In case someone hasn't noticed, we're a lot closer to the worst record in hockey than we are to third place in the division.)

@deepdrive  Lose for Hughes!

While riding out Carlyle is possible.  I'm worried about morale, and any long term effects/health his philosophy/lack of going speed to resorting to brute force can have on a desperate coach.  Case in point Kesler.  He's a direct result of smash and bang hockey.  This team is already injury prone.  And smash and bang is probably a big contributing factor to that.  

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@deepdrive  Lose for Hughes!

While riding out Carlyle is possible.  I'm worried about morale, and any long term effects/health his philosophy/lack of going speed to resorting to brute force can have on a desperate coach.  Case in point Kesler.  He's a direct result of smash and bang hockey.  This team is already injury prone.  And smash and bang is probably a big contributing factor to that.  

I get your point. We're not going forward with Randy if a quicker game is in our future.

What do people think about this line?

Getzlaf/Rakell/Kesler

Now hear me out.  I know Kesler skus right now.  But then again, flanked by Cogs and Silfverberg can do that.  But what Kesler still does better than any duck.  He will go to the dirty places, and be an absolute pest in front of the crease.  As you know, I like the playmaker/shooter/rock in front of the net line combination.  Which is why I'm liking more and more the Rico line with Ritchie finally getting it.  As we've seen in the past, Kase, Aberg, Sprong just doesn't fit the Getzlaf/Rakell pairing as well as Eaves and a much younger Perry did.  And both Eaves and Perry have the common aspect of being front of the net presences.  

I mean we are stuck with Kesler.  Might as well put him to use max possible right?  Isn't it worth a try?  

Which brings me to the other point.  Carlyle is too stupid to try it.  So Fire Carlyle.

Ducks' Kesler has no plans to waive NMC

Soo.  This is the buyout scenarios.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/ryan-kesler#results

Not as bad as Perry's.  $2.4 for the first 3 years.  $2.2 for the last 3 years.

Oh, and just in case you forgot.  Perry's.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/corey-perry#results

$2.6, $6.6, $2, $2

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

So, I guess shipping out Cogs didn’t have the desired effect. 

Cogs wasnt the problem.  The fat guy was the problem.  Hopefully the other fat guy gives us a bakers dozen, while laughing like Santa Claus.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Cogs wasnt the problem.  The fat guy was the problem.  Hopefully the other fat guy gives us a bakers dozen, while laughing like Santa Claus.

Of course cogs wasn’t the problem.  But was ill suited for a 2nd lining scoring role and it of course didn’t work.  Murray is the problem.  Carlyle is the problem he’s created. 

Aberg  was a good player.  Was a really good waiver claim.  But he is 25, so a year or two away from FA'cy.  I don't even know how you approach him this offseason.  He's a RFA.  Do you try and sign him long term?  What stats do you use on him, since this is by far the best he's done in the NHL.  So this is one headache the Ducks don't have to deal with.

Kloos.  Surprisingly, watching that video, I thought he was a young player.  But looking at his bio, he's also 25.  RFA after this season, but a lot easier to sign I would think.  Looking at his minor league stats, second full season in the AHL.  50 points in 76 games , and 30 points in 34 games this season.  Doesn't look like he got drafted.  

Just seems like MInnesota got the better of this trade.  By quite a bit.  For what we got, I would have thought there was a draft pick of some kind included.