• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Have the Angels gone to a 3-man TV booth?

Victor Rojas is one of the best in all of MLB.  He is awesome.  Period.

Gubi is a nice guy and is acceptable IMO because he and Rojas have good chemistry. 

That said, I still think it would have make sense for the Angels to get rid of Gubi and hire Tori Hunter to take his place.  I think Rojas and Hunter would be awesome at calling the game.

Mota is terrible.  It is bad enough I have to listen to him pre and post game.  Now I have to listen to him during the game?  Ugh....horrible.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Rodger Lodge has been on KLAA for 10 years.

On the abbreviated postgame show last night, he marveled at how Ohtani busted his ass on base with two outs, when a batter hit a lazy fly ball (sure out).

Lodge said that Ohtani fits right into a clubhouse of people who demand hustle, like Scioscia, Albert Pujols, and Trout.

wait, so you won't listen to terry smith on the radio but you listen to roger lodge?

color me confused.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

wait, so you won't listen to terry smith on the radio but you listen to roger lodge?

color me confused.

When I left work yesterday, the Angels were in extra innings.

Halfway through the commute I checked in on the game on 830.  Rodger Lodge was on the postgame show.  

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

When I left work yesterday, the Angels were in extra innings.

Halfway through the commute I checked in on the game on 830.  Rodger Lodge was on the postgame show.  

okay, fair enough. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but only this once!

On 4/4/2018 at 7:55 AM, yk9001 said:

This is just.... wrong.

We are a large market team.  We deserve MUCH better than we get with Gubicza, Mota and Smith.  Gubicza is flat, boring and repetitive.  I start yet ANOTHER YEAR of little league baseball lessons with him spending hours talking about hitters' hands through the zone, shifting of hips, etc.  If a man has a hammer, then everything is a nail; Gubicza knows the mechanics of hitting and pitching and, year after year, he's going to tell us about it, come hell or high water.

Smith is subpar and completely ruins an afternoon of listening to baseball on the radio.  He learned his craft by mimicking a drone.  And a metronome.  And it shows.  He has not a hint of personality or fun.  And apparently his calls are bad, when compared to actual events on the field.  He caught the biggest break in the world when he somehow landed a major league gig.  And he has shown up every day to make sure nobody takes his job.  Based on his talent, he'd be the luckiest broadcaster on the face of the earth if he were just doing Double A Peoria.

I hold it against Angels management for continuing to employ these two no-talents.  I pretty much have stopped watching and listening to their product, these two are so bad.  I am definitely going to make an exception when Ohtani pitches, however.

I don't think Mota is big market either, but I appreciate his earnestness, and his malaprops (English being his second language) are cute, and listening to him actually keeps me engaged in the game.

No, you’re just wrong!  Peoria is Single A.