• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia

tdawg87

3 hours ago, Lou said:

But Claude stated as fact that the cubs explained the idea of tanking to their season ticket holders. I'm merely asking for proof. 

I'm not Claud...but I do know a few Cubs season ticket holders..

and also own a computer with a google search that quickly found this..

"The people who deserve credit are away from the guys on the baseball side and that's the fans," Ricketts said. "I don't think many teams could've done what we just did in terms of asking everyone to be patient and believe in us."

What the Cubs did was emphasize rebuilding the Minor League system and developing their own players, which resulted in losing seasons from 2009-14. 

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/news/cubs-chairman-sees-rebuilding-plan-succeed/c-152114606

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

What the Cubs did was emphasize rebuilding the Minor League system and developing their own players, which resulted in losing seasons from 2009-14. 

That preceded Theo Epstein by three years. 

7 hours ago, Lou said:

So now "be patient" = "tanking"?

Got it. 

Malnati,

"https:"Unlike in Boston, where a full rebuild was not required, Eptein and Co. had to try and construct a championship roster from the ground up. He let productive but expensive hitters Carlos Peña and Aramis Ramirez depart after the 2011 season, dealt righthander Carlos Zambrano to the Marlins and traded 2008 first-round pick Andrew Cashner to the Padres in a deal that brought back Anthony Rizzo to be the team's starting first baseman. In July 2012 Epstein traded ace Ryan Dempster to the Rangers for a package that included minor league pitcher Kyle Hendricks. The Cubs dropped 101 games in 2012, their highest total since 1966, and 96 games in ’13, but all that losing that gave them top-five draft picks that they used to select Kris Bryant (No. 2, 2013) and Kyle Schwarber (No. 4, ’14)"

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/05/02/theo-epstein-chicago-cubs-boston-red-sox

2 hours ago, CubsFan said:

Malnati,

"https:"Unlike in Boston, where a full rebuild was not required, Eptein and Co. had to try and construct a championship roster from the ground up. He let productive but expensive hitters Carlos Peña and Aramis Ramirez depart after the 2011 season, dealt righthander Carlos Zambrano to the Marlins and traded 2008 first-round pick Andrew Cashner to the Padres in a deal that brought back Anthony Rizzo to be the team's starting first baseman. In July 2012 Epstein traded ace Ryan Dempster to the Rangers for a package that included minor league pitcher Kyle Hendricks. The Cubs dropped 101 games in 2012, their highest total since 1966, and 96 games in ’13, but all that losing that gave them top-five draft picks that they used to select Kris Bryant (No. 2, 2013) and Kyle Schwarber (No. 4, ’14)"

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/05/02/theo-epstein-chicago-cubs-boston-red-sox

Blah, blah,blah....

Nowhere in your post do the cubs admit to their season to their season holders that they were tanking.

17 minutes ago, Lou said:

Blah, blah,blah....

Nowhere in your post do the cubs admit to their season to their season holders that they were tanking.

Malnati,

I never said anything about season ticket holders.

But have provided plenty of evidence that they were tanking.

10 hours ago, Lou said:

So now "be patient" = "tanking"?

Got it. 

You argue semantics like any other common troll. 

"Be patient" while we sell off our talent and rebuild from the bottom up. It'll mean a few years of losing 90-100 games but we are doing it on purpose in order to bring a WS.

Losing on purpose isn't tanking???? WTF is it then? You tell me.

There is a shitload of proof on the web (including the article I posted a link for you) that Cubs Ownership explained the fact that they would be LOSING ON PURPOSE for at least 5 years in order to go a whole new route with the team ( instead of "pretending", by having a star or three and coming close enough to the playoffs to convince fans that they were trying the best they could under the circumstance (sound familiar??) 

I KNOW he met with season ticket holders first, and often, to inform them of "the plan" because I KNOW season ticket holders there that told me about it.  If you don't want to believe that then don't, but it's a fact. If you need more "proof" there is plenty of it...look it up yourself.    

14 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

You argue semantics like any other common troll. 

"Be patient" while we sell off our talent and rebuild from the bottom up. It'll mean a few 90-100 years of losing 90-100 games but we are doing it on purpose in order to bring a WS.

Losing on purpose isn't tanking???? WTF is it then? You tell me.

There is a shitload of proof on the web (including the article I posted a link for you) that Cubs Ownership explained the fact that they would be LOSING ON PURPOSE for at least 5 years in order to go a whole new route with the team ( instead of "pretending", by having a star or three and coming close enough to the playoffs to convince fans that they were trying the best they could under the circumstance (sound familiar??) 

I KNOW he met with season ticket holders first, and often, to inform them of "the plan" because I KNOW season ticket holders there that told me about it.  If you don't want to believe that then don't, but it's a fact. If you need more "proof" there is plenty of it...look it up yourself.    

fify

He's 21-27 in the playoffs.  Has gotten to and won 1 world series.  Makes lineups and pitching decisions that don't make any sense.  Still puzzling as to why he was given a 10 year deal and even more puzzling that people continue to stick up for him.  You'd think that if a manager spends 20 years with a team, it's because he's won multiple World Series and has an awesome playoff record.  Quite the mystery.  The mafia theory is there for a reason.  IMO, Scioscia should have been gone after the 2009 season.  Oh well.  One can only hope this is indeed his last year here.