• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia

tdawg87

28 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

That's what makes it all more puzzling.  People here know this yet still stick up for him. Why? I want a manager that actually gets his team to the playoffs.  Apparently, winning is not important to fans of Scioscia. 

Hell, years ago, my Penguins kept getting to the playoffs but losing in the first or second round and they fired their coach and brought in Sullivan who took them to back to back Stanley Cup victories. 

I have no idea why Scioscia was given a 10 year contract and why anyone would stick up for him. 

There are a lot of people here that are so afraid that a new manager could actually be successful here. They are afraid of change. It’s his last season so that means we have to go though a transitional phase. Why not start that now.

16 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

There are a lot of people here that are so afraid that a new manager could actually be successful here. They are afraid of change. It’s his last season so that means we have to go though a transitional phase. Why not start that now.

There also some here that think a new manager might actually be worse.

bom dia hello GIF

9 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Not saying he’s the only reason, but when a team of any organization only makes the playoffs once in the past eight years, it’s very rare the head coach sticks around. Change is usually made. Regardless of if it’s his fault or not, Scisocia is very lucky to still be managing a team the way this team has performed the past 8 years because other managers would have been ousted a lot quicker.

I disagree. Making the playoffs is not the only measure of success, and its contingent on many things going right.

but your position still seems to ignore the talent assembled. Did the GM get the necessary talent to compete? That's not on the manager, nor can the manager make the Johnny Giavotellas of the league suddenly turn into Ryne Sandburg. 

There's also the issue of injuries. The starting pitching for this team in the last 8 years has had about a gazillion TJ surgeries. That's not something the manager or anyone else could have controlled. It make be simplistic to say so, but I doubt any team could have survived the devastation our starters have gone through. Not even Maddon or Francona, the managing messiahs of aw.com, could have made this team more successful while dealing with those kinds of huge setbacks.

I'm glad we've had Sosh for the best run in team history and that we were all here to see it. I honestly don't care if he stays or goes next year. Maybe it's time for a new leader, but not a single one of us here can adequately measure his value to the team. Some of you are going to be sorely disappointed when you find that the next manager is another Dave Garcia type.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

I disagree. Making the playoffs is not the only measure of success, and its contingent on many things going right.

but your position still seems to ignore the talent assembled. Did the GM get the necessary talent to compete? That's not on the manager, nor can the manager make the Johnny Giavotellas of the league suddenly turn into Ryne Sandburg. 

There's also the issue of injuries. The starting pitching for this team in the last 8 years has had about a gazillion TJ surgeries. That's not something the manager or anyone else could have controlled. It make be simplistic to say so, but I doubt any team could have survived the devastation our starters have gone through. Not even Maddon or Francona, the managing messiahs of aw.com, could have made this team more successful while dealing with those kinds of huge setbacks.

I'm glad we've had Sosh for the best run in team history and that we were all here to see it. I honestly don't care if he stays or goes next year. Maybe it's time for a new leader, but not a single one of us here can adequately measure his value to the team. Some of you are going to be sorely disappointed when you find that the next manager is another Dave Garcia type.

He is right that managers take a lot of heat and responsibility for stuff they have no control over. They always seem to be the first to go.

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

It’s like Monty Python meets 2005 AngelsWin

Who are those people being dumped into Mike's head? I don't recognize any of them. The guy with glasses kind of looks like Phys, but it isn't him.

15 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

There also some here that think a new manager might actually be worse.

bom dia hello GIF

But that's a good thing because that starts the Process and gives you high draft picks.

the worst thing that can happen is to stay mediocre for 10 years because you don't get the draft picks and you aren't winning either.

5 hours ago, CubsFan said:

But that's a good thing because that starts the Process and gives you high draft picks.

the worst thing that can happen is to stay mediocre for 10 years because you don't get the draft picks and you aren't winning either.

As a Cubs fan, you should know.

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

If I was commissioner tanking wouldn’t exist.  

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

If I was commissioner tanking wouldn’t exist.  

The only way to really prevent it is to have relegation.  Worst 3 teams in the league get demoted to AAA.

you can bet no team or owner would tank then.

1 minute ago, CubsFan said:

The only way to really prevent it is to have relegation.  Worst 3 teams in the league get demoted to AAA.

you can bet no team or owner would tank then.

Or you can tax them differently or give them no revenue from MLB sales or you could not simply give the team with the worst record the first pick, there are a few things you can do.  If you have a very low payroll and you don’t sign free agents you get no money from the high dollar teams.  If you are bottom 5 teams for more than two years, take away draft picks or international money.  

37 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I am not sure this is even a discussion.   His contract is up at the end of the year.  If he doesn't make the playoffs I am sure he is on his way.  You guys will have your new manager.

It's stupid to fire him midseason when the team is 5 games over 500 in May. 

I agree.  You don’t fire anyone who’s performing.  Even if they are having a bad stretch. It happens.  Moreno isn’t Steinbrenner (god rest his psychotic soul).

Also, who would be a better alternative?

17 minutes ago, stormngt said:

The point is that they had to lose a long time before they can Champions.

They aren't doing anything magical.

There's a differences between being medicore and blatantly tanking.  Cubs and Stros were medicore for a long time then finally realized that tanking and stockpiling talent is the best way to win the WS.  And it worked.