• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question for Jeff Fletcher

Docwaukee

Is Eppler still monitoring the free agent and trade markets, or is the FO in spring prep mode?  

ie, are the Halos still looking to improve the major league roster?  

If they are still looking, is their interest limited to that of a 4th OFer, Util guy or ancillary pen piece?  

thanks.  

They are always looking at ways to improve the roster.  They will sign a guy or make a trade if it makes sense.  Arte will go over the tax for the right guy.  If it's in the best interest of the club, the Angels will make another move before the season starts.  No need for Fletch to answer now:P

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

They are always looking at ways to improve the roster.  They will sign a guy or make a trade if it makes sense.  Arte will go over the tax for the right guy.  If it's in the best interest of the club, the Angels will make another move before the season starts.  No need for Fletch to answer now:P

Funny.  But Dude all this is true.  Eppler looks for value, no way he’s napping and I think there’s a move left.  As spelled out numerous times on this board, including in the primer, chances are the Angels go over the tax in the next few years.  

But there is a difference between being opportunistic and actively trying to make more moves (as I think @Dochalois suggesting).

It's a great question, and I'd love to know the answer. Is this team a serious contender for a Lynn/Cobb, or would they merely consider a Jamie Gracia if the price was dirt cheap.

I’ve asked, as recently as Thursday. If he’s actively engaged in a serious way with anyone, he does a good job hiding it. 

My impression is he’s probably talked to th agents of a handful of guys and told them he’s interested if they get to $X level. He probably checks in every few days or so to see what’s up. He’s not just on vacation.

The bottom line is he’s not going to tell me exactly what he’s doing, but he’s given me the impression that I don’t need to be waiting by my phone for big news. 

55 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I’ve asked, as recently as Thursday. If he’s actively engaged in a serious way with anyone, he does a good job hiding it. 

My impression is he’s probably talked to th agents of a handful of guys and told them he’s interested if they get to $X level. He probably checks in every few days or so to see what’s up. He’s not just on vacation.

The bottom line is he’s not going to tell me exactly what he’s doing, but he’s given me the impression that I don’t need to be waiting by my phone for big news. 

Jeff,

Please let Eppler know that I approve of all of his off season moves and he is doing a great job.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

thanks Jeff.  Pretty much what I thought.  

26 minutes ago, calscuf said:

“Jeff”?  I think it would be more polite to say “Mr. Fletcher” or “Fletch”.

Ummmm

On January 12, 2018 at 7:19 PM, Lou said:

. . . or what Fletch* said. 

*I have permission to call him Fletch. The rest of you don't