• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lets fool the Yankees

As the title says " lets fool the Yankees", so the yankee's are trying to make room for Darvish, the most likely pieces that could be moved are Robertson ( 13 Mil) or Betance (5 Mil). Lets try and see if we can get both, if not try to get one. For 1 year of Robertson it should not cost much, for Betance's a prospect in the bottom 15 of the top 30 should do it.

Pros-

1. Both are lock down Closer with stop to come out eailer if needed to. 

2. Helps out the Bp

Cons

1. we lose a few lower prospects

2. add more money to payroll, but it looks like we are done

so now how are we tricking the Yankee's.

Simply we help them get Darvish but he's 32, out of his prime. He may have 1 or 2 more years but don't think he'll be worth the money. Now the interesting part, they already have big contracts and mostly like will spend big next free agencies, in 2 -3 years they will have to extend Judge, Servino and Sanchez while also having to deal with the raised price for the other players. I see trouble happening for them in 2-3 years.          

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He isn’t Dipoto, but he did sign Arod, Tex, CC and Elsbury.  All contracts he regretted or is currently regretting. 

He’s been very successful as a GM. He has four championship rings and continually has his team in the playoffs. He did win a championship with Tex, ARod and CC. He will soon find a way to part with Ellsbury. He’s been a solid GM and Eppler was his understudy so that’s a good thing for us.

The jury is still out on Judge, Severino, and Sanchez. Especially Judge. I think he's more of a .260-.270 hitter at best with tons of power and walks but he ain't competing for a Triple Crown like Miggy did for many years. Severino was horrible in 2016, so we'll have to see if he can repeat his great 2017 season. Same applies with Sanchez.

I don't think Betances is a "lock down" relief pitcher/close, either. The last 2 years, he's been mediocre.

6 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

The jury is still out on Judge, Severino, and Sanchez. Especially Judge. I think he's more of a .260-.270 hitter at best with tons of power and walks but he ain't competing for a Triple Crown like Miggy did for many years. Severino was horrible in 2016, so we'll have to see if he can repeat his great 2017 season. Same applies with Sanchez.

I don't think Betances is a "lock down" relief pitcher/close, either. The last 2 years, he's been mediocre.

But you wouldn’t hesitate trading Maldonado, Calhoun and Richards for Judge, Sanchez and Severino right? Or any reliever we have for Betances. 

14 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

But you wouldn’t hesitate trading Maldonado, Calhoun and Richards for Judge, Sanchez and Severino right? Or any reliever we have for Betances. 

I think Judge, Sanchez, and Severino will all be really good for a long time. All super talented players. I just don't think Judge will be a .280+ average hitter again but he should still be darn good even if he isn't.

I like your idea but doubt Yankees would trade those pieces.

My guess is they would give Ellsburry away if someone ate a portion of his contract. Dodgers trying to do the same with Kemp. 

I do think we need another bullpen piece and not much is left on the FA market. Watson? Holland reportedly turned down 3 /52 so pass on him. 

2 hours ago, nando714 said:

Arod CC and Tex brought them a World Series in 2009. Worth it iyam 

Yes, they won him a World Series, but I stand by my comment that he regretted those contracts.  If the Angels won the World Series this year, and Albert had a big hit in the World Series, would we all say his contract wasn't regrettable?  Of course not.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yes, they won him a World Series, but I stand by my comment that he regretted those contracts.  If the Angels won the World Series this year, and Albert had a big hit in the World Series, would we all say his contract wasn't regrettable?  Of course not.  

Yes

bc well it’s been 15 years in between playoff success 

would be worth it to me 

Just now, nando714 said:

Yes

bc well it’s been 15 years in between playoff success 

would be worth it to me 

no disrespect, but you would not be "forgive and forget".  The very next time he hit into a double play, you would want him released and would bitch about him again.  Hell, he could get that key hit to win the game and the next game if he hit into a double play you would wonder why he was playing.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

no disrespect, but you would not be "forgive and forget".  The very next time he hit into a double play, you would want him released and would bitch about him again.  Hell, he could get that key hit to win the game and the next game if he hit into a double play you would wonder why he was playing.  

You mentioned ARod. The Yankees had the guts to tell him that he was done and paid him to stay home. They we’re able to fill his roster spot with a more productive player and made the playoffs. Albert’s contract coupled with his poor health will continue to stifle our offense because of the lack of lineup flexibility that comes with it.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

We should’ve already won 1-2 world championships with Pujols, Trout and Weaver. That ship sailed already. You surely don’t expect Albert to lead the way now. It’s not going to happen. 

10 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

You mentioned ARod. The Yankees had the guts to tell me that he was done and paid him to stay home. They we’re able to fill his roster spot with a more productive player and made the playoffs. Albert’s contract coupled with his poor health will continue to stifle our offense because of the lack of lineup flexibility that comes with it.

Yes they released A-Rod years after embarrassing the team multiple times with PED suspensions and lying about it.  They released him a few months shy of his final season.  

How much is a world championship worth to the owners (aside from ego/bragging rights)?  I guess if over-spending on player salary gets an annual franchise value increase of between 9-13% you wouldn’t complain.  But to do that you need to be winning world series’ or be in the playoffs most years.  

https://www.forbes.com/teams/new-york-yankees/

As far as the embarrassment goes, hey, any publicity for your product, as long as you’re competitive, is good publicity.