• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Stadium to have full protective netting behind dugouts

Chuck

18 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’ll counter a stupid question with another stupid question. What’s an acceptable number of injuries before we do away with escalators?

okay, so let's set aside the stupid questions.

why are you so opposed to adding protection?

i once sat behind the dugout and constantly on edge for a ball hit my way, and that included popups. i was in my 30s and in good shape, an athlete, but i was on edge about being able to react quickly enough if a ball came my way. i don't mind at all adding more protection, whether it prevents 1 accident or 750. i don't understand why anyone would oppose this.

i wasn't sure how the nets in hockey would affect my experience at a game, but i don't even notice them now.

56 minutes ago, Tank said:

why are you so opposed to adding protection?.

Here’s one reason: right this second I’m watching dozens of kids at the end of the dugout get autographs from probably the best player to ever touch a baseball. I’m puzzled as to how these people will be able to do that with a net in front of them. Are you going to deny them the chance to meet a once in a lifetime player because there is a 1/1,000,000,000 chance someone might get hit by a foul ball later in the game? It’s absurd. The Dodgers parking lot is 10x more dangerous than sitting in any seat inside Angels Stadium at any time.

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Here’s one reason: right this second I’m watching dozens of kids at the end of the dugout get autographs from probably the best player to ever touch a baseball. I’m puzzled as to how these people will be able to do that with a net in front of them. Are you going to deny them the chance to meet a once in a lifetime player because there is a 1/1,000,000,000 chance someone might get hit by a foul ball later in the game? It’s absurd. The Dodgers parking lot is 10x more dangerous than sitting in any seat inside Angels Stadium at any time.

simple solution to this one - before the game, roll the nets back so that these fans have access, something like a shower curtain. then once it's time for the game to start, roll the nets back into place and carry on.

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I dont want more nets, but they can figure that out...

Also, I'd think the netting could be made to be less intrusive

If you forget about it after 5 minutes, you need your eyes checked.... or you are above it.... maybe 50 rows back

“I saw a commercial for an above-ground pool, it was 30 seconds long. Because that's the maximum amount of time you can picture yourself having fun in an above-ground pool. If it was 31 seconds, the actor would say "The water is only up to here? What do I do now? Throw the ball back to Jimmy? Or put some goggles on and look at his feet?"

— Mitch Hedberg,