• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Source: Angels "have to be" in on Darvish

Second Base

I know Eppler has said before that he's comfortable with the Angels pitching depth right now. 1-9 they have some solid options. 

I have little doubt that the Angels are in the Darvish sweepstakes, but it also looks as if 10 teams are in the hunt. If he comes to the Angels, it probably won't be for the most money, and I don't see that happening.

However, in the event this does happen, Darvish, Richards and Ohtani would make us the most dangerous team in baseball outside of Houston or maybe Washington DC.

19 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If he doesn't sign with the Angels, which is probably doubtful he does, I just hope he goes to a team we won't face much. 

I believe we match up against the NL West in interleague play, so...hopefully he goes to the Cubs? haha Cubs are a fun team to watch, anyways. Wouldn't mind them getting a bit better.

I think it's players, owners, agents....players are expecting a little more, front offices are being more conservative (and rightly so), owners aren't as thrilled about mega-contracts, and agents are advising to keep waiting to see who blinks. 

Eventually, one of these big-name players is gonna decide money isn't everything and take the offer that feels best and it'll open things up.

19 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think it's players, owners, agents....players are expecting a little more, front offices are being more conservative (and rightly so), owners aren't as thrilled about mega-contracts, and agents are advising to keep waiting to see who blinks. 

Eventually, one of these big-name players is gonna decide money isn't everything and take the offer that feels best and it'll open things up.

I think it was ALF who mentioned it before, but in regards to the players (and agents somewhat), I assume the union is also a big part. Im sure they advise each FA to get the most lucrative deal they can, and are against giving teams a break.

43 minutes ago, totdprods said:

l would think Darvish is getting immense pressure to take the largest contract on his table even if that means Twins or Brewers. Though I’m sure he’d prefer to pitch elsewhere.  If he took a considerably smaller deal in a place he prefers, he’s going to bring the market down even more.  

1 hour ago, jordan said:

l would think Darvish is getting immense pressure to take the largest contract on his table even if that means Twins or Brewers. Though I’m sure he’d prefer to pitch elsewhere.  If he took a considerably smaller deal in a place he prefers, he’s going to bring the market down even more.  

and this is whats wrong with the union.  If the player wants to play somewhere he shouldnt carry the responsibility for other players getting paid.  
I think its highly possible that this is exactly what may be going on in Darvish case. 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Using other teams offers to your benefit to sign with the team you prefer ... is a form of collusion. 

No.  Collusion involves cooperation between groups.  One player using various teams' offers to get the best deal from a team the player prefers is not collusion.  Now, if a player went to say the Dodgers and said, "I'm signing with the Giants no matter what, but if you offer me more money then they'll feel like they have to match it," then that's collusion.