• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The time to go "all in" is right now

Rico

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Dont get me started on that, i so smell collusion on this one its not even funny.

They want to reset the tax, it’s as simple as that.  There’s been talk of it for years.  

Could it be collusion, sure I guess, but the penalties were pretty severe last time. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They want to reset the tax, it’s as simple as that.  There’s been talk of it for years.  

Could it be collusion, sure I guess, but the penalties were pretty severe last time. 

I understand the reasons why they wanted to do it, that part is obvious.  What i don't understand is why the other team's let them off the hook so damned easily.   I get it they saved a little money blah blah but the benefit to the dodgers for example way FAR more than anything the other team saved when you factor in the tax.  From a competitive standpoint it simply made no sense.  

Just now, floplag said:

I understand the reasons why they wanted to do it, that part is obvious.  What i don't understand is why the other team's let them off the hook so damned easily.   I get it they saved a little money blah blah but the benefit to the dodgers for example way FAR more than anything the other team saved when you factor in the tax.  From a competitive standpoint it simply made no sense.  

The Dodger/Braves trade helped both teams save money.  What helped the Dodgers in that deal is they already were committed to paying part of Kemp’s salary from when they originally traded him.  The Yankees were the team that were willing to pay more of Stanton’s salary than any team Stanton was willing to go to.  These teams aren’t just handing it off to the Dodgers or Yankees.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

The Dodger/Braves trade helped both teams save money.  What helped the Dodgers in that deal is they already were committed to paying part of Kemp’s salary from when they originally traded him.  The Yankees were the team that were willing to pay more of Stanton’s salary than any team Stanton was willing to go to.  These teams aren’t just handing it off to the Dodgers or Yankees.  

As said I understand all that, but the benefit is hugely disparate when you factor in the tax.  It benefited the Dodgers literally 10 times more than the Braves if you forget every name in the trade and only factor in the tax savings. 
Doesnt matter, its just funny to me that both NY and LA were bailed out juuuust in time for the big FA class of nest year.  I guess i'm not a big believer in coincidence is all.  

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

As said I understand all that, but the benefit is hugely disparate when you factor in the tax.  It benefited the Dodgers literally 10 times more than the Braves if you forget every name in the trade and only factor in the tax savings. 
Doesnt matter, its just funny to me that both NY and LA were bailed out juuuust in time for the big FA class of nest year.  I guess i'm not a big believer in coincidence is all.  

The Yankees weren’t bailed out.  They could have simply not traded for Stanton and they would have saved themselves $24 million to spend next off season. 

6 hours ago, floplag said:

You misunderstand quite a few things.

When the Dodgers and Braves contruvtva deal where they both benefit, it is silly to try to figure out who benefited more.  They both needed the deal to improve their position.

I have a deal for you.  We shake hands and both of our bank accounts increase by 20%.  Deal?

Both sides would make that deal and it is not relevant than one person's 20% is worth a million and the other's is worth $500.

The Braves and Dodgers were smart and no, that is "collusion". . .

It isnt "funny" that this happened prior to a big free agent class.  You don't have to see it as a coincidence and nobody expects you to.  They can say it out loud.  "We did it to get ready for the big free agent class."  There is no crime and nothing to hide from.  It's business.