• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Winter Meetings thread

Ohtaniland

The other thing I like about Kinsler is, if the murmurs are true and some teams are approaching him about playing 3rd base, he quietly gives us an option at 3 positions of need - 2B, 3B, and lead-off. This lets Eppler wait out the market on Moose, this lets Eppler wait out the market on Kipnis, Hernandez, Walker, Merrifield, etc., and it lessens the stress of finding a leadoff hitter who has to fit in a position of need.

5 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Would rather have the other K (Kipnis).

I would too - but not if Kipnis costs significantly more than Kinsler, which is a possibility. I think the biggest issue with Kipnis is that Cleveland won't be motivated to move until Santana is resolved. Should Eppler let other teams pursuit of 1B keep him from moving quick on a 2B? Not sure.

1 minute ago, Cdaniel said:

Rockies are bringing back Holland...that BP is going to be lights out.

They're certainly putting a great pen down on paper, with paper.  Be interesting to see if works out. 

Bright side is this is driving up cost and limiting options for Seattle, Texas, and Houston, all of whom need relievers. Unfortunately, we probably need one too, but with Reed being a homegrown Percival/K-Rod fanboy, we probably have him at least as an option over the rest if it comes down to it.

50 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The other thing I like about Kinsler is, if the murmurs are true and some teams are approaching him about playing 3rd base, he quietly gives us an option at 3 positions of need - 2B, 3B, and lead-off. This lets Eppler wait out the market on Moose, this lets Eppler wait out the market on Kipnis, Hernandez, Walker, Merrifield, etc., and it lessens the stress of finding a leadoff hitter who has to fit in a position of need.

My oh my - was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Checked to see if he's ever played 3rd and yes, he has, but just a game or two

6 minutes ago, MongoMuller said:

The Dodgers are also on Kinsler's no trade list.  Its possible he isn't anti-Angel as much as he's anti-California.  I hope we get him...we need someone with some attitude and he fills a need.

You hope we get a guy who doesn’t want to be here ?

Bcuz.  Attitude. 

Which in this case is analogous with being a douchey asshole. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Im not high on Kinsler, but ill be happy if there are no other options as he would definitaly be an upgrade, but aside from that hes maybe not even in my personal top 3 for 2B options.
I'm starting to think it might make more sense to address 3B then fill in the blanks.  
Im a little concerned though that we are in the talks about more releivers as these guys start to fall off the board. 

21 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You hope we get a guy who doesn’t want to be here ?

Bcuz.  Attitude. 

Which in this case is analogous with being a douchey asshole. 

If he doesn't want to be here he won't come.  Just because the Angels are on his no-trade list doesn't necessarily mean he hates the organization or the fans...

im starting to feel like maybe the Kinsler stuff is media driven more than Eppler driven, unless its a tactic.  So many other options that either dont have to be traded for and such, IDK I'm really struggling to understand this as the primary goal.  Fall back sure if Hernandez isnt realistic or none of the FA make sense dollar wise, but primary?  This feels more like a "well well just do this if the terms arent favorable" kind of thing.   

1 minute ago, floplag said:

im starting to feel like maybe the Kinsler stuff is media driven more than Eppler driven, unless its a tactic.  So many other options that either dont have to be traded for and such, IDK I'm really struggling to understand this as the primary goal.  Fall back sure if Hernandez isnt realistic or none of the FA make sense dollar wise, but primary?  This feels more like a "well well just do this if the terms arent favorable" kind of thing.   

Really? To me, he seems like the most Eppleriest candidate there could be. 

He's a Tiger, he's good on defense, he's on a rebuilding club, he only has one year on his contract. It' almost a carbon copy of the Maybin Escobar, Phillips, and Espinosa deals. Upton can be lumped in there too even.

Just now, totdprods said:

Really? To me, he seems like the most Eppleriest candidate there could be. 

He's a Tiger, he's good on defense, he's on a rebuilding club, he only has one year on his contract. It' almost a carbon copy of the Maybin Escobar, Phillips, and Espinosa deals. Upton can be lumped in there too even.

Yes but i think the paradigm has changed.  Those deal were designed to get us thru the dark times of Hackilton money.  We still havent spent really, Othani didnt cost much so... why would we go for a bargain type deal when we could go for more?  I'm likely wrong, perhaps wishful thinking, but it tends to be that the most vocal things about us tend to be wrong.  

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Would you trade Calhoun, Hermosillo & something else for Yelich and Prado (to platoon and for roster U depth)? Prado is expensive so I'm sure they're desperate to unload his contract at $28.5 million over the next two seasons

Creative, but no i would not.  At least not at this point in the off season with too many options still on the table to go that route IMO  

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

Yea exactly.  I don’t want us overpaying for Hernandez.  I would give up like Bridwell and maybe Barria for him .  I’ve seen rumors saying that the Phillies would want 2 major league ready pitchers.  That’s ridiculous and hard pass if so.  The Angels don’t have to get a 2b this off season if the right deal isn’t there.  Get a reliever (those are starting to be picked off seems like) and try and get Moustakas.  Be done with it and get your 2b next year when there’s way more options. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Would you trade Calhoun, Hermosillo & something else for Yelich and Prado (to platoon and for roster U depth)? Prado is expensive so I'm sure they're desperate to unload his contract at $28.5 million over the next two seasons

All day every day !! Are we kidding.  There’s no way Miami would do this.  

I would trade Adell and Jones right now for Yellich.  Wouldn’t even think twice.