• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Winter Meetings thread

Ohtaniland

12 hours ago, Cdaniel said:

We moved here 10yrs ago just in time for them to get good.  Felt like it was me against the world for awhile.

Thick of Ranger country up there...definitely feel for you! I miss the days when the Rangers were whipping boys. Seems like every time I trekked up there for an Angels game it was a slugfest, usually with the Angels coming out on top.

SA and Austin markets still don't really pay attention to baseball unless one of the teams make the playoffs. Sort of crazy considering there's ~5 million people in those metros alone. 

3 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Stay in Detroit and rebuild or move to Orange County for a year and at least compete 

This is the hang-up. Either Kinsler's trying to get some money out of it or an extra year tacked on or some positional guarantee worked in, or Avila's trying to leverage Kinsler's waiving of a NTC into a better prospect and Eppler's waiting it out.

I still think he's the most Eppleriest candidate and it feels just about inevitable - and I still think he's a great fit - but I don't think Eppler is gonna budge on this. It isn't his nature.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

This is the hang-up. Either Kinsler's trying to get some money out of it or an extra year tacked on or some positional guarantee worked in, or Avila's trying to leverage Kinsler's waiving of a NTC into a better prospect and Eppler's waiting it out.

I still think he's the most Eppleriest candidate and it feels just about inevitable - and I still think he's a great fit - but I don't think Eppler is gonna budge on this. It isn't his nature.

Right... wasn’t it rumOred somewhere he wanted an extra year tacked on?

Id still be ok with Kinsler on a 2 year deal, it’s not like we have anyone waiting to take that job

The #Angels are “definitely interested” in Ian Kinsler, says a source. There’s a sense that Kinsler has emerged as Billy Eppler’s prime 2B target, but #Tigers aren’t close to a trade at the moment. #Mets, #Brewers and #SFGiants have also talked to Detroit about Kinsler.

-Jerry Crasnick

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I have a name I want to add to the 2nd base list....Whit Merrifield from KC if the rumors are true he is available.  

I think I'd actually be more willing to trade bigger prospects for Whit than Cesar. Don't have to worry about the NL to AL transition and more positional flexibility. He may have played above his head a bit last year but something makes me feel pretty good about him.

Please no Cozart. He's 32 coming off his best season, which happened to be a contract year. .385, .308, .310.268, .284, .288, .324 -- that's his OBP since 2011. He was a 5 WAR player last season, before that, he's been in the 2 range. So either he put it all together as a 31 year old or had a career year in a contract year. 

25 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Cozart has said he wants to stay at short

Not too many teams looking for a starting SS.  Also, would he rather be a starting SS on a team that will suck or is he willing to be a 2B on a team that is going to compete and has Trout?  I think he'd move to 2B for a team like the Angels.

Just now, Turd Ferguson said:

Please no Cozart. He's 32 coming off his best season, which happened to be a contract year. .385, .308, .310.268, .284, .288, .324 -- that's his OBP since 2011. He was a 5 WAR player last season, before that, he's been in the 2 range. So either he put it all together as a 31 year old or had a career year in a contract year. 

Justin Turner and Daniel Murphy saw similar jumps in production at around the same age. 

Not expecting Cozart to be either one, but it's not impossible that he turned some corner, and his defense alone is almost worth his price, depending on what it winds up being.

1 minute ago, VariousCrap said:

Not too many teams looking for a starting SS.  Also, would he rather be a starting SS on a team that will suck or is he willing to be a 2B on a team that is going to compete and has Trout?  I think he'd move to 2B for a team like the Angels.

Yup..ultimately, $$$ speaks. He's at an age where this may be his 'money' contract, so he may have to reconsider.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Justin Turner and Daniel Murphy saw similar jumps in production at around the same age. 

Not expecting Cozart to be either one, but it's not impossible that he turned some corner, and his defense alone is almost worth his price, depending on what it winds up being.

Murphy and Turner broke out a bit earlier (they are 32 and 33 respectively) and at least had a fairly established track record for a few years before that breakout (Murphy has always been a low-mid 700 OPS guy, Turner has been in the mid-high 800s since 2014). I get what you're saying though. It would come down to money. MLB trade rumors projects him at 3/$42 -- not wild about that. Did he get a QO?

1 minute ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Murphy and Turner broke out a bit earlier (they are 32 and 33 respectively) and at least had a fairly established track record for a few years before that breakout (Murphy has always been a low-mid 700 OPS guy, Turner has been in the mid-high 800s since 2014). I get what you're saying though. It would come down to money. MLB trade rumors projects him at 3/$42 -- not wild about that. Did he get a QO?

Cozart doesn't have a QO attached to him.