• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Think Hermosillo is getting traded

Dtwncbad

Maybe. Hermosillo doesn't have a huge amount of trade value - he's one of those "organizational prospects" that is more appreciated within the fan-base than outside. I think also he's a guy that you want to see how he does after he's adjusted to AAA; he could be a really nice trade chip at the deadline.

Now if Calhoun is traded, Hermosillo could platoon with Ohtani in RF until Jones is ready in late 2019 or 2020.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

My personal opinion is Ohtani is never going to play OF.

How about the Angels trade Hermosillo and Calhoun and sign Lorenzo Cain?

Cain could also play center to back up Trout and this makes choosing a 4th OF so much easier and not full reliant on the 4th OF being able to play center.

No.  We have the best CF in the game.  We are somewhat strapped for cash in the sense that we don't have many significant prospects on the verge of being promoted to fill gaps we have.  I'd allocate the money instead to true holes (2B, 3B, SP).  

I have already outlined my ideal offseason, but to state it again, I'd like Hernandez and Darvish (or some equivalent thereof).  We have 1B/3B "occupied' with Pujols/Cron/Valbuena/Marte.  Not great, but we can deal with our holes systematically.  

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

No.  We have the best CF in the game.  We are somewhat strapped for cash in the sense that we don't have many significant prospects on the verge of being promoted to fill gaps we have.  I'd allocate the money instead to true holes (2B, 3B, SP).  

I have already outlined my ideal offseason, but to state it again, I'd like Hernandez and Darvish (or some equivalent thereof).  We have 1B/3B "occupied' with Pujols/Cron/Valbuena/Marte.  Not great, but we can deal with our holes systematically.  

You realize the Angel have to have someone else on the roster capable of playing center?

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Eppler has moves to make and Hermosillo is stuck behind the Angel starters and likely the other Angel OF prospects will pass him by.

To me he is an obvious candidate to get moved this week in a play to address a different need.

Actually I think it is the opposite. I think the Angels see him as a good quality 4th OF that could be a low-end regular. The only thing I see is that they may want to bring a veteran in on a 1-year deal and allow him to ease into the team after the All-Star Break.

To me he is nearly the perfect high quality depth piece so I think the Angels keep him and sign someone like Rajai Davis on a 1 year contract.

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Came in expecting to see some sort of tweet...

Would the conversation be better if some guy who makes a living speculating had tweeted the same speculative thought process?

Next time I will tweet first then post referencing the tweet.

54 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

We do, but we don't need to spend 15+ million on one (Cain) in addition to our current one.

I dont think you get it.  Cain would play everyday and he is better than Calhoun who doesn't play center.

The difference in cost per year between Cain and Calhoun would be worth the improvement in RF and the flexibility in picking a 4th OF.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I dont think you get it.  Cain would play everyday and he is better than Calhoun who doesn't play center.

The difference in cost per year between Cain and Calhoun would be worth the improvement in RF and the flexibility in picking a 4th OF.

Ah, but that is just this upcoming year, right?  What kind of commitment do you think it'll take to secure Cain?  4 years at least, maybe even 5.  At his age (31 currently, turning 32 by the start of the season), he's also at the point where it's likely to expect his defense to start declining, too.  So that said, I'd much rather pass on someone like Cain and just keep Calhoun.