• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

That’s fine, just can’t specifically target Delta. 

I agree.

They also shouldn't specifically target Delta for special perks, either. There's a fallacy that state, county, and municipal governments gain from all the extra jobs when they offer tax holidays or easements or other perks to a corporation. They lose more in potential revenue (read: school district funding thru property taxes) than they gain in taxes (whether sales or income) from the supposed amount of extra employees.

But that's a different subject, altogether.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

I think an alarming part about this is the lt. gov is equating changing a benefit to members of the NRA as an attack on conservatives In general and therefore it’s the job of the state legislature to fight back  

"I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA," Cagle tweeted Monday. "Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back."

holy crap! glad i don't live in georgia.

as long as Delta doesn't break any laws, they should be allowed to do business with whomever they like. this is a very worrisome overreaction by state gov't leaders.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

I think an alarming part about this is the lt. gov is equating changing a benefit to members of the NRA as an attack on conservatives In general and therefore it’s the job of the state legislature to fight back  

"I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA," Cagle tweeted Monday. "Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back."

This is patently unconstitutional.

31 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Wasn’t discounting what you said.  If you think they’re being treated unfairly that’s a position that you’re entitled to.  Delta is not obliged to maintain a relationship with an organization it doesn’t want to associate its brand with.  It seems unconstitutional to me that the state of Georgia could bring punitive legislative action  against Delta for that decision.  I’m not a lawyer and I’m sure the courts will sort that out.  In any case.  Like I said, if the state of Georgia is going to do that.  Then Delta should pull out and again.  Let the state turn to the NRA to replace those jobs.

I agree that Georgia doing that to Delta is shitty.

The root problem there is that the Government has the ability to do it.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

You despise delta for ending its relationship with the NRA ? 

Yes, and also because they screwed up my last flight and why wouldn't I?  You know I support gun rights.

I just think Delta is ignoring at best and instigating at worst a decent part of their market.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yes, and also because they screwed up my last flight and why wouldn't I?  You know I support gun rights.

I just think Delta is ignoring at best and instigating at worst a decent part of their market.

So they screwed the pooch with your flight ! Fair enough.  I know you do but i don’t associate guns right with support for the NRA necessarily.  Didn’t realize you were such a fan.  

Anyway, you’re more passionate then I am.  I thought Chik fil a was being douchey to queers but wasn’t about to stop going to chik fil a. 

Of course that judgement was also probably informed by my being fat. 

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I don't think i've gone to Chik Fil A once since going to Raising Cane's.

Canes is better for the strips for sure.  That sauce they have is what makes it.  Still not a lot of them around Southern California.  Chik fil a lemonade is untouchable tho. In fast food anyway.   

17 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I agree that Georgia doing that to Delta is shitty.

The root problem there is that the Government has the ability to do it.

state gov't has the power/ability to pass legislation against a corporation because that corporation doesn't want to give discounts to members of a lobby? that sounds pretty illegal to me.

how soon until they pass laws against staples for not supporting a discount for deer hunters or members of the klan? this is a very slippery slope.

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The NRA is under a huge attack for no reason, it's become angry mob status. It's all virtue signaling.

They do what they always do, they are there to protect gun rights. That's literally like their primary focus.

for no reason? you're kidding, right? 

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So they screwed the pooch with your flight ! Fair enough.  I know you do but i don’t associate guns right with support for the NRA necessarily.  Didn’t realize you were such a fan.  

Anyway, you’re more passionate then I am.  I thought Chik fil a was being douchey to queers but wasn’t about to stop going to chik fil a. 

Of course that judgement was also probably informed by my being fat. 

I am not necessarily a fan of the NRA overall.  Just like I am guessing that you don't approve of everything the ACLU does.  But if companies directly attacked the ACLU you might notice.

Of course we will see my resolve the next time Delta has the cheapest price.  Also, not a lot of airlines fly in and out of Billings.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Delta needs to completely pull out of the state of Georgia.  Let the NRA find jobs for all of Delta’s employees. 

Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport is the world's busiest, with 950,119 flights arriving there in 2012. Delta canceled over 3,000 flights there in one day during bad weather. Needless to say, Delta is the bulk of air traffic business there. If Delta decided to move their hub, it would have significant impact city-wide, and it would be very damaging to the state budget.

29 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Yeah, no NRA member has ever committed a mass shooting. An NRA member has stopped at least one though.

point to any single thing the NRA has done to help solve this problem, to admit that some reasonable steps need to be taken without compromising on the 2A. take as much time as you need.

10 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I assume when Rush said this the opposition went to work to prove him wrong. Anyone remember hearing a reaction? I assume this would be easy enough to reasonably verify. Maybe not?

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

point to any single thing the NRA has done to help solve this problem, to admit that some reasonable steps need to be taken without compromising on the 2A. take as much time as you need.

What can they do? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of members and leaders are anti-murder. 

27 minutes ago, Tank said:

I am at a loss of what you think they should do.  They have pushed for better communication between agencies, better prosecution for gun offenses and taught thousands of safety classes.  What you are asking is out of their scope.