• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rough year for Angel fans

Second Base

2 minutes ago, Calzone said:

Well not to get into a long winded discussion about Maybin but he really didn’t do anything for us. His September with Houston was even worse. He was a Detroit salary dump to begin with. He had zero impact here and that’s why we dumped him. He was not a difference maker which is why the Astros will also let him walk. End of story.

I like how you didn't want to get into a long winded discussion but still managed to push forward your opinions as facts and argued things nobody here has ever stated like he's a  "difference maker"..     

Meanwhile, anyone that read this board over the year knows that you were shitting on him even when he was going good.  It's what you do -- you blind yourself to reality and drone on with your narratives.  End of story.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I'd take Maybin in the World Series.  He could easily be involved in double switches as well as pinch hitting and certainly pinch running considering he was one of the leaders in stolen bases this year.    He has skills needed to help win a game.  Not every player is going to be Trout or even Upton.  To say we dumped him would be disingenuous.  We traded for a better player, and someone was willing to take on his salary.  If he was left handed he would have been kept instead of Revere.  

1.8 WAR for Angels -- 5th best total on the team.   "ZERO IMPACT".

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

Maybin's 2016 season was a big fluke. Had a super high BABIP in 2016 with the Tigers. BABIP is not always perfect but I don't think Maybin has ever been a guy who has hit a lot of balls with high exit velocity.

He’s playing for his 7th team so I’d say his exit velocity is pretty consistent. 

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'd take Maybin in the World Series.  He could easily be involved in double switches as well as pinch hitting and certainly pinch running considering he was one of the leaders in stolen bases this year.    He has skills needed to help win a game.  Not every player is going to be Trout or even Upton.  To say we dumped him would be disingenuous.  We traded for a better player, and someone was willing to take on his salary.  If he was left handed he would have been kept instead of Revere.  

39 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I like how you didn't want to get into a long winded discussion but still managed to push forward your opinions as facts and argued things nobody here has ever stated like he's a  "difference maker"..     

Meanwhile, anyone that read this board over the year knows that you were shitting on him even when he was going good.  It's what you do -- you blind yourself to reality and drone on with your narratives.  End of story.

38 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

1.8 WAR for Angels -- 5th best total on the team.   "ZERO IMPACT".

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well he wasn't Trout and he wasn't free so he obviously sucks.  

I don’t believe your 1.8 war is accurate. If Maybin gave us a solid season we probably wouldn’t have been chasing the second wild card. We probably would’ve had the first wild card. 

Let’s be real, Maybin gave us about 5 weeks of good baseball. He sucked in April which put us in mountain climbing mode instead of division contender. 

He was supposed to be the “upgrade” and as it turns out his poor performance forced us to “upgrade” again. If Upton opts out and leaves I can assure you that Maybin won’t be reconsidered.

59435803-7878-4322-B1C2-AAFA320FF98F.png

6D93DE45-715A-4D15-A7FE-BA7178EF8CA0.png

Just now, Calzone said:

I don’t believe your 1.6 war is accurate. If Maybin gave us a solid season we probably wouldn’t have been chasing the second wild card. We probably would’ve had the first wild card. 

Let be real, Maybin gave us about 5 weeks of good baseball. He sucked in April which put us in mountain climbing mode instead of division contender. 

He was supposed to be the “upgrade” and as it turns out his poor performance forced us to “upgrade” again. If Upton opts out and leaves I can assure you that Maybin won’t be reconsidered.

59435803-7878-4322-B1C2-AAFA320FF98F.png

6D93DE45-715A-4D15-A7FE-BA7178EF8CA0.png

Just to be clear, you honestly think if Maybin gave us a solid year we would have been the first wild card?  Seriously?  Tell you what, if he gave us a historic season, where he was a 12 WAR player, we could have possibly beaten the Yankees out for the first wild card.   According to Baseball Reference, the first one you posted he gave us a 1.8 WAR season.  You've hated him since the moment we got him, and it has nothing to do with logic.  

LOL..  You are trying soooo hard.   

I like how you quoted BB-Ref to drone on with the tripe about how many teams he's played for so, you're aware of the WAR totals there but then to be "you", you used the Frangraphs WAR totals to try to act like what was said wasn't true.   Hey -- maybe you missed it but the FG totals still put him as the 6th best total on the team.  Your ZERO Impact comment is still ludicrous

Your narratives are all you care about..... facts, reality, truth -- all alien to you and everyone knows it.   But just in case anyone needs to see how big of a clod you are and how much you're willing to lie to try to press on with your bullshit - here's the BB-Ref page for the 2017 Angels..

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAA/2017.shtml

"End of story"

P.S....  What was the combined WAR for LFers Maybin replaced -- let me know if he was an upgrade over Ortegao, Nava and Gentry...

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just to be clear, you honestly think if Maybin gave us a solid year we would have been the first wild card?  Seriously?  Tell you what, if he gave us a historic season, where he was a 12 WAR player, we could have possibly beaten the Yankees out for the first wild card.   According to Baseball Reference, the first one you posted he gave us a 1.8 WAR season.  You've hated him since the moment we got him, and it has nothing to do with logic.  

Strad we trailed Yankees by 1.5 games in the wild card in late August with the crap season we had. If Maybin would’ve been more consistent the Yankees would’ve been chasing us. He’s a defensive liability and there’s a reason why he’s only playing in his first postseason and has been shipped out everywhere he goes.

1 minute ago, Calzone said:

Strad we trailed Yankees by 1.5 games in the wild card in late August with the crap season we had. If Maybin would’ve been more consistent the Yankees would’ve been chasing us. He’s a defensive liability and there’s a reason why he’s only playing in his first postseason and has been shipped out everywhere he goes.

Claude they beat us by 11 games in the standings.  

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL..  You are trying soooo hard.   

I like how you quoted BB-Ref to drone on with the tripe about how many teams he's played for so, you're aware of the WAR totals there but then to be "you", you used the Frangraphs WAR totals to try to act like what was said wasn't true.   Hey -- maybe you missed it but the FG totals still put him as the 6th best total on the team.  Your ZERO Impact comment is still ludicrous

Your narratives are all you care about..... facts, reality, truth -- all alien to you and everyone knows it.   But just in case anyone needs to see how big of a clod you are and how much you're willing to lie to try to press on with your bullshit - here's the BB-Ref page for the 2017 Angels..

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAA/2017.shtml

"End of story"

P.S....  What was the combined WAR for LFers Maybin replaced -- let me know if he was an upgrade over Ortegao, Nava and Gentry...

You can go ahead and defend his performance all you like but just like many other teams the Angels obviously weren’t satisfied enough to keep him. His 118 ops+ last season quickly turned to a 88 ops+ this season so he didn’t deliver what was expected of him. And just because he was 5th in war on THIS team doesn’t say much because this team sucked bad on the offensive side of the ball. He’s not a keeper and never has been so HE GONE!

1 hour ago, Calzone said:

You can go ahead and defend his performance all you like but just like many other teams the Angels obviously weren’t satisfied enough to keep him. His 118 ops+ last season quickly turned to a 88 ops+ so he didn’t deliver what was expected of him. And just because he was 5th in war on THIS team doesn’t say much because this team sucked bad on the offensive side of the ball. HE GONE!

I'm not defending anything... there isn't anything to defend. 

I pointed out what his actual performance was in relation to the rest of the Angels -- 5th or 6th best depending on what source you prefer.   I've consistently called him a useful player -- he is..  I expected him to be an upgrade over Nava/Gentry and Ortega -- he was.  You refuse to even admit that reality because you gotta be you.  The rest of your post is just more of you trying to spin what happened to try to validate your narrative.   Luckily, it's been stated in more than one place that he was cut loose in order to facilitate the added payroll of Upton and Phillips.   At any point have you ever ONCE stopped to ask yourself why the Astros wouldn't have just waited until he fully cleared waivers and then picked him up for 25K?   Instead they paid cash to the Angels and agreed to take over his salary the rest of the year..  Why????  Guess they think he's a useful player too...  D'oh!

Reality >> Your BS.   "End of story"

Also, stop talking about things you don't know anything about and pretending you've made a point... it only serves to make you look foolish...  Offense is only part of what WAR measures, your attempt to dismiss his WAR because of the Angels offense is just another in a long line of comments that prove how little you actually know about stats or baseball in general. 

BTW -- you're right....  HE GONE..   Why can't you let go?  

25 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm not defending anything... there isn't anything to defend. 

I pointed out what his actual performance was in relation to the rest of the Angels -- 5th or 6th best depending on what source you prefer.   I've consistently called him a useful player -- he is..  I expected him to be an upgrade over Nava/Gentry and Ortega -- he was.  You refuse to even admit that reality because you gotta be you.  The rest of your post is just more of you trying to spin what happened to try to validate your narrative.   Luckily, it's been stated in more than one place that he was cut loose in order to facilitate the added payroll of Upton and Phillips.   At any point have you ever ONCE stopped to ask yourself why the Astros wouldn't have just waited until he fully cleared waivers and then picked him up for 25K?   Instead they paid cash to the Angels and agreed to take over his salary the rest of the year..  Why????  Guess they think he's a useful player too...  D'oh!

Reality >> Your BS.   "End of story"

Also, stop talking about things you don't know anything about and pretending you've made a point... it only serves to make you look foolish...  Offense is only part of what WAR measures, your attempt to dismiss his WAR because of the Angels offense is just another in a long line of comments that prove how little you actually know about stats or baseball in general. 

BTW -- you're right....  HE GONE..   Why can't you let go?  

He was cut loose to facilitate the acquisition of Upton. So I guess I have to ask you....if Maybin was putting up the same type of numbers that he did in his prior season with Detroit would’ve been in the market for Upton? I think not.

2 hours ago, Calzone said:

He was cut loose to facilitate the acquisition of Upton. So I guess I have to ask you....if Maybin was putting up the same type of numbers that he did in his prior season with Detroit would’ve been in the market for Upton? I think not.

Translation: None of the facts of what actually happened in the real world support my narrative so I'm going to create a fantasy scenario that cannot either be proved or disproved and pretend I made a point.

Hi Clod..  I see you're still trying..    I don't know.   Maybe?  He wasn't the only one that needed improving on -- just the one you chose to hang the blame on...  because reasons...

Kole Calhoun had a sub .575 OPS in two of the three months ahead of the deadline and a sub .675 OPS in April.   I realize red hair is more acceptable than dreadlocks to you but, Calhoun was considered a core piece in the offense and someone the team was actually counting on....  He had posted a .231/.310/.366 batting line through the end of the trade deadline..  Not too far off Maybin's numbers when he was moved the following month in August.   Would you like for me to come up with other made up scenarios or can we stick with reality?   Conjecture is easy...  So is spin.

Seriously there is nothing else that needs to be said -  you have your opinions and fantasy scenarios, I have my facts and reality -- we can both walk away happy IMO.

15 hours ago, Calzone said:

If Albert was putting up the same type of numbers that he did in St Louis, would this conversation even matter?

So last night we had a company event because it was INO's birthday.  We had everyone celebrating 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45 years of service with the company, about 100 people celebrating anniversaries and their guests all in all about 300 or so people.  The Astros were staying at the hotel where our event was held.  A few people saw Maybin, Verlander and Altuve (probably three of the four I would recognize) at the hotel bar.  I wasn't staying at the hotel because I live local, so I ddin't go into the bar, but still kinda cool.  

@Stradling you work for In N Out and blew a chance at a promotion.

Walk up to them, introduce yourself and title then offer the entire team free In N Out as long as they are in town. Just need a selfie to verify they are accepting the deal.

Take that selfie and post it on the interoffice email chain as to the deal you made, including a complete roster of players, coaches, etc. 

Enjoy your promotion and pay raise.