• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Recipe Of The Day: Pumpkin Chili

Pumpkin Chili

Pumpkin and chili: two things we all crave every fall. This recipe combines them into one dish. It’s the best of both worlds!

The pumpkin provides some natural sweetness, which plays well with the different spices. If you aren’t able to find fresh pumpkin, then butternut squash, acorn squash, or any other hard squash would be good substitutes.

Continue reading "Pumpkin Chili" »

sht8ra2eLho

View the full article

27 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm intrigued. I have to try! 

You need to broaden your culinary horizons, Blarg. 

I just made chicken thigh with fresh spinach and mushrooms with mozzarella and parmesan cheese broiled on top for lunch. At no time did I feel compelled to add something like pumpkin, cherry tomatoes or olives, although if we had some good kalamata  would have garnished with them.

Last night I had braised shortrib with a cauliflower mash and brocolini. At no point did I ask the waitress if I could add pumpkin, cherry tomatoes or kale.

These recipes are taking something good and basic and fucking it up for the pumpkin spice crowd. No thanks, I'll keep my man card and my chili recipe untainted. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I just made chicken thigh with fresh spinach and mushrooms with mozzarella and parmesan cheese broiled on top for lunch. At no time did I feel compelled to add something like pumpkin, cherry tomatoes or olives, although if we had some good kalamata  would have garnished with them.

Last night I had braised shortrib with a cauliflower mash and brocolini. At no point did I ask the waitress if I could add pumpkin, cherry tomatoes or kale.

These recipes are taking something good and basic and fucking it up for the pumpkin spice crowd. No thanks, I'll keep my man card and my chili recipe untainted. 

Anthony Bourdain eats some pretty gnar shit from many different cultures, I doubt his man card has been lifted. 

I personally like pumpkin, but I'm not involved in the fall pumpkin fad that incorporates it into every dish or drink. 

I may take spin off this and do a Habanero/Pumpkin Chili. Sounds good. 

3 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Not completely on topic, but I just had an epiphany: Women's second favorite thing to do in October (after putting pumpkin spice into fucking everything), is being outraged at the "sexy" costumes that are relevant for that year.

And wear something trampy anyway, if they can fit their jello bodies into them.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Anthony Bourdain eats some pretty gnar shit from many different cultures, I doubt his man card has been lifted. 

I personally like pumpkin, but I'm not involved in the fall pumpkin fad that incorporates it into every dish or drink. 

I may take spin off this and do a Habanero/Pumpkin Chili. Sounds good. 

Anthony Bourdain is paid to eat goat balls and report on their texture and taint. His intestinal tract has processed more alcohol than mine as well but I'm still not going down that road either.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Anthony Bourdain is paid to eat goat balls and report on their texture and taint. His intestinal tract has processed more alcohol than mine as well but I'm still not going down that road either.

I may have Bourdain beat on alcohol consumption despite being 15 or so years younger. lol

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

and he did it all on one leg!!