• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

11 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Watch out for these bastards.

Canada_goose_on_Seedskadee_NWR_(27826185489).jpg

For those who don't know, these are called Canada geese, not Canadian geese.

Also, I've never been to a place in the contiguous U.S. that did not have these ahole birds. We did see a baby Canada goose at Disneyland a few weeks ago. It was cute.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Very sad. Even sadder is that the narrative out of this will be a bad police force rather than bigger issues that need to be addressed.

So far, seems like people are focused on both the ineptitude/cowardice and measures to control gun proliferation, so I'm cautiously optimistic (famous last words, I know...)

44 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I do not understand how they could do this? I know a lot of cops and none of them I know would stand by and do nothing in this situation. The public deserves answers to this and rightfully so 

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Very sad. Even sadder is that the narrative out of this will be a bad police force rather than bigger issues that need to be addressed.

I’m not sure how you train or address courage and heart. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I do not understand how they could do this? I know a lot of cops and none of them I know would stand by and do nothing in this situation. The public deserves answers to this and rightfully so 

You have to remember, that this isn't the Texas Rangers or San Antonio Police Department that is responding.  It's the Uvalde Police Department, in a City with a population of 15,000.  This would put their entire police force to be around 30, which means active would be probably less than 8.  On the streets is probably in the 5 area.  The closest big city being San Antonio 80 miles away.  This is like saying if they happened in Blythe, that they respond like it was happening in LA.  

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

You have to remember, that this isn't the Texas Rangers or San Antonio Police Department that is responding.  It's the Uvalde Police Department, in a City with a population of 15,000.  This would put their entire police force to be around 30, which means active would be probably less than 8.  On the streets is probably in the 5 area.  The closest big city being San Antonio 80 miles away.  This is like saying if they happened in Blythe, that they respond like it was happening in LA.  

So?

Well this is certainly an example of piss poor law enforcement. We shouldn’t be surprised that we may not have the best and brightest police force nowadays. Most high quality people aren’t going to risk their lives daily only to be prosecuted the first time they shoot a black criminal for resisting arrest. If we want high quality officers , we must pay and support them. 

43 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If only two got there within minutes they should have went in. What happened to preservation of life supersedes everything else?  

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

If only two got there within minutes they should have went in. What happened to preservation of life supersedes everything else?  

It's easy to say when you have any number of resources with training minutes away.  But I would think that a city like Uvalde has more Barney Fife's than Harry Bosch's on their force.  

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

It's easy to say when you have any number of resources with training minutes away.  But I would think that a city like Uvalde has more Barney Fife's than Harry Bosch's on their force.  

For sure 

12 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

If they were preventing people who wanted to help from entering then they’re accessories to murder 

I wouldn’t go that far but if I’m a cop, arriving solo and there are armed parents willing to go in there with me and take this dude out then I would gladly welcome their help. Standing down should not be an option. As a parent I would risk my life for my daughter without a second thought. 

Edited by Jason

43 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I still don’t understand your point.  So I’ll repeat: So?