• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtaniland

59 minutes ago, Calzone said:

No not even close. In that era of baseball everybody was juiced up so it doesn’t really matter. 

My point is that the 2002 Angels didn't have an "ace" and still won the World Series. So a team doesn't need to have even one ace to win it all. A deep bullpen can shorten games. All a starter need to do is go 6 innings at most.

50 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

It's not going to happen so don't hold your breath. You might Moustakas or some other FA to fill holes in the IF but no top starting pitching. If Upton opts out think J D Martinez...

I think Moustakas is overrated. He doesn't get on base enough to get a big contract. Teams will fall in love with those big amount of home runs but we're back in the juice baseball era, so those home runs are overrated.

16 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

My point is that the 2002 Angels didn't have an "ace" and still won the World Series. So a team doesn't need to have even one ace to win it all. A deep bullpen can shorten games. All a starter need to do is go 6 innings at most.

Testing for PED’s in MLB didn’t start until 2003 so everything that happened between the late 80’s thru and 2002 and even some time after that is very questionable. 

12 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I think Moustakas is overrated. He doesn't get on base enough to get a big contract. Teams will fall in love with those big amount of home runs but we're back in the juice baseball era, so those home runs are overrated.

Just saying what Eppler is looking to do this off season. Pitching isn't high on his list while offense is, second and third and LF (if Upton leaves).

13 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

This postseason, his ERA is almost 5. So, no. Just getting carried by his team. There for the ride.

Who gives a shit? He's winning. His team is winning. He kept them in the game both starts. This argument has reached full retard.

3 minutes ago, Calzone said:

Testing for PED’s in MLB didn’t start until 2003 so everything that happened between the late 80’s thru and 2002 and even some time after that is very questionable. 

So the Angels WS win is "very questionable".

Of course you think that.

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Maddon can say whatever he wants, the rule is in the books. Had it not been his catcher is getting steam rolled on that play and, like Posey, may be out of the game for the rest of the series. 

Easier to recover one run or from one lost game than lose a starting catcher. 

Have you seen our catchers since Bengie? 

I'll take the run/game

Edited by Lou

9 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

2002 Angels were the exception to every rule. Plus Dusty Baker.

12 hours ago, Calzone said:

I’ve watched a lot of MLB playoff games over the years and have seen many postseason legends but sadly Mike Trout is not one of them yet. It’s crazy that the best player on the planet continues to be idle in October.

Mike Trout is a good guy but it would not surprise me if he is very vocal about the teams lack of talent when he privately corresponds with management. He has to be tired of losing. 

you know what you've become?

Unknown-1.jpeg