• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where are the fans?

Docwaukee

Went this week and picked up third row behind the camera well next to the on Deck circle for less than half price. Third deck was empty along the foul poles in to the dugouts, looking like a tarpy candidate.

People are just not buying into a team that can't get out of second gear and the starting pitcher is no one they've heard of or Nolasco. Waiting for months for a starting five to show up and then they go right back on the DL isn't sexy. Where is the draw knowing Chavez or Nolasco are the last guys standing, your two guys are 5 plus ERA and the rest are so new they don't know where the home team locker room is located.

The Angels next season are going to have to feature better players than Espinosa and Valbuena as their aquisitions. They need to keep Upton and get another quality infielder to draw some interest and think of better than an innings eater to replace Nolasco. How that happens is Eppler's problem.

Otherwise I get more discounted seats and the idiots announce the paid attendence which is almost double the butts in the seats.

As a side note, last Thursday the bathrooms off of section 122 were half shut down. The stadium needs some maintenance.

Edited by Blarg

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Went this week and picked up third row behind the camera well next to the on Deck circle for less than half price. Third deck was empty along the foul poles in to the dugouts, looking like a tarpy candidate.

People are just not buying into a team that can't get out of second gear and the starting pitcher is no one they've heard of or Nolasco. Waiting for months for a starting five to show up and then they go right back on the DL isn't sexy. Where is the draw knowing Chavez or Nolasco are the last guys standing, your two guys are 5 plus ERA and the rest are so new they don't know where the home team locker room is located.

The Angels next season are going to have to feature better players than Espinosa and Valbuena as their aquisitions. They need to keep Upton and get another quality infielder to draw some interest and think of better than an innings eater to replace Nolasco. How that happens is Eppler's problem.

Otherwise I get more discounted seats and the idiots announce the paid attendence which is almost double the butts in the seats.

As a side note, last Thursday the bathrooms off of section 122 were half shut down. The stadium needs some maintenance.

that's a perfect description of this team.  

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Took the family to the game today and was surprised to see it as a complete ghost town.  Weather was great.  

there were maybe 15k people.  

I guess a shot at the wild card isn't all that interesting.  

What did Mrs Doc read? 

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Technically, the Angels are in a pennant race, but your heart and gut tell you that this is a mediocre product, and that challenging the Twins for the second wildcard, and the chance to play a one game playoff in NY, isn't all that appealing.

It's crazy to me that people aren't at least enjoying this.  Is it as great as 2002-2009, no, but this is still pretty entertaining. 

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Technically, the Angels are in a pennant race, but your heart and gut tell you that this is a mediocre product, and that challenging the Twins for the second wildcard, and the chance to play a one game playoff in NY, isn't all that appealing.

...and if we get past that obstacle we face the Indians in the ALDS.

Angels need to treat these next three games like the playoffs. All-out, nothing held back. If we have a bad showing against Cleveland this week, how can we hope for any success in the postseason, if we're fortunate enough to actually get there?

I honestly think that technology has an influence here, especially when it comes to fans in the OC, IE. 

Why drop 50 bucks a game (if not a lot more) when you can watch the game on a large HD screen with surround sound, you're own food and adult beverages? 

Even when I was in the OC I only went to 5-7 games a year, great product on the field or not. Up here I get to see the Angels 9 times, but I usually only go to 5.. I like watching from the comfort of my own home.