• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Clevinger

nate

Angels probably make the playoffs easily this year if they still had Clevinger.  Imagine replacing Nolasco with him?  What a difference that would have made this season.  

5 hours ago, stormngt said:

Reagins major fail is Vernon Wells, and coming to the winter meetings late and losing a chance to bid on Crawford (ends up being a blessing).  He did sign Hunter.  Am i  missing anything?

Yes you are missing something.  The Wells trade was more a Scioscia thing and since that trade was such a disaster - it led to the firing of Reagons who took the fall for it and led to Arte hiring a more assertive manager in Dipoto.  Which led to Dipoto destroying this organization even more.

So everything bad that happened to this organization can be traced back to the Napoli trade and Mike Scioscia.

27 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Angels probably make the playoffs easily this year if they still had Clevinger.  Imagine replacing Nolasco with him?  What a difference that would have made this season.  

Yes you are missing something.  The Wells trade was more a Scioscia thing and since that trade was such a disaster - it led to the firing of Reagons who took the fall for it and led to Arte hiring a more assertive manager in Dipoto.  Which led to Dipoto destroying this organization even more.

So everything bad that happened to this organization can be traced back to the Napoli trade and Mike Scioscia.

Wow    get off the hate!

8 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

@Lou, how are you?  

15 hours ago, stormngt said:

Reagins major fail is Vernon Wells, and coming to the winter meetings late and losing a chance to bid on Crawford (ends up being a blessing).  He did sign Hunter.  Am i  missing anything?

He isnt anywhere near as bad as Dipoto!

Wrong. Reagins' biggest mistake was firing Eddie Bane. Period. Not even close. He did that for all the WRONG reasons. That set this franchise back tremendously.

15 hours ago, stormngt said:

He isnt anywhere near as bad as Dipoto!

Wrong. Reagins' biggest mistake was firing Eddie Bane. Period. Not even close. He did that for all the WRONG reasons. That set this franchise back tremendously.

Clevinger was absolutely awful in the Angels' farm system. Looks to me like the Cleveland minor league pitching coaches did a really good job of figuring out what he was doing wrong, and he was able to get himself back on a track towards the majors. Who knows if he would have done that here?

2 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Clevinger was absolutely awful in the Angels' farm system. Looks to me like the Cleveland minor league pitching coaches did a really good job of figuring out what he was doing wrong, and he was able to get himself back on a track towards the majors. Who knows if he would have done that here?

So, kind of like Bridwell?,

Dipoto's only real strength as a GM is his mouth. Dude talks a good game and it ropes fans in(myself included). The actual track record is straight up dogshit and so far he doesn't look to be doing much better in Seattle. For a former pitcher, he sure sucks at identifying pitchers. Can't build a bullpen, acquires trash starters, etc

9 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Dipoto's only real strength as a GM is his mouth. Dude talks a good game and it ropes fans in(myself included). The actual track record is straight up dogshit and so far he doesn't look to be doing much better in Seattle. For a former pitcher, he sure sucks at identifying pitchers. Can't build a bullpen, acquires trash starters, etc

Yep. 

Chuck please let me use the word c-u-n-t uncensored so I can call Dipoto a **** without the **** shit. 

Dipoto is a shit eating asshole **** who set this franchise back 10 years with his absolute horseshit. I hope he gets "fired".

Fucking Baldoquin. "Oh hey I'm a former pitcher so that basically makes me a scout and I saw this guy play for a literal inning and seriously guys,. Seriously, like this is the next big thing right here. Moncada can't hold this dude's jock strap. Give him 5 million. No I don't care if there's a penalty. Who the fuck is Vlad Jr? Trust me guys I watched this dude for 8 minutes and I had a boner the entire time. I'm gonna go find a taco stand but I'll be on my flight in a couple hours don't bother calling me I'll be passed out from exhaustion from sucking my own dick." 

That's a verbatim manuscript from the phone call Dipoto made after seeing Baldoquin play. Don't ask for sources. 

Edited by tdawg87

17 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Or a person could have a clue, know he was was coming back from TJ surgery and that the coaches were having him alter his arm slot to a 3/4 angle.... 

His ERA was crap but he had turned a corner ..... the the only thing that mattered that final year in the Angels system was that his velocity was in the upper 90s and he was 100% pain free.   Clevinger's stuff was easily the best in the system when he was traded.   Besides the FB, the dude was dropping 12-6 curves behind his slider, and the arm slot change completely altered how he was able to command his off speed pitches.  That one change basically made his change up go from his worst offering to his best...

Cleveland benefited from the changes the Angels made, and Jerry Dipoto's "genius".

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I want to know who hired Clay Daniels.  Was that a Stoneman hire?

Stoneman..

Clay Daniels was an amazing judge of talent -- the dude was just corrupt.   Donny Rowland was similarly amazing at his job, but he was a major douchebag.   They were both twats but that didn't mean they weren't good at their jobs.

On 9/15/2017 at 2:20 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I recently came to the same conclusion. Looking back, as much hate as we gave reagins, i dont think he was near as bad. Dipoto sunk this team for years. The spotlight is on the albert and hamilton contracts, obviously, but its so much more than that.

Eppler to this poont has done well. On a short time, with little money and no farm, hes kept us competitive. Its weird how much dipoto was the opposite. In a relative short run (4 years?) He sunk the big club, wrecked the minors, handcuffed our international spending, created a soap opera that left everyone laughing at us, and got nearly every move wrong.

Funny enough, he won us all over by getting rid of mathis...whos still getting contracts every year.

Lets be realistic.  MLB kept the Angels competitive by adding another wild card.  Until this past 1-2 weeks teams at or even below .500 were still "competetive."  The good and the potentially frustrating for the great teams that a full year of greatness can be knocked away by a .500 team that limped into the playoffs by process of elimination.

18 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

He was fired mainly because of a disastrous 2010 draft where he completely blew us having 5 first round picks. THAT set the organization back. 

Oh, and that he was looking to draft Tebow.