• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What A Shame

Docwaukee

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

They scored runs...too bad we couldn't add two SP and two BP arms as well

We are depending on Nolasco, Blake Wood and Fernando Salas to keep us in this race...think about that trash

I think the offense was supposed to help offset the pitching, but it hasn't. Just look at this series.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I think the offense was supposed to help offset the pitching, but it hasn't. Just look at this series.

Houston has better pitching than us...they scored a lot of runs against Texas and lost 2 of 3.  They are are literally running out AAAA players at key positions hoping to compete against All Stars.

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

kinda why I posted what I did.  Not totally the offense's fault by any means but this time of the year is about taking advantage of the opportunities you're afforded.  They've had their chances but in the end, this season is turning out to be another massive tease.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

kinda why I posted what I did.  Not totally the offense's fault by any means but this time of the year is about taking advantage of the opportunities you're afforded.  They've had their chances but in the end, this season is turning out to be another massive tease.  

I was in section 112 three rows up, sitting behind Brandon Phillips family. Perfect night for baseball and a hell of a game for 7 complete innings.

Middleton going down after one batter was a bit of a shock and we watched as he made his way to the dugout trying to flex his hand and fingers.

Still had some hope but it seemed Trout and company were not up for the task after failing to score in the first.

Stayed to the end watching Pujols notch another home run and Cron flail for the final out.

It could have been great, instead it was a lot disappointing but when you looked at the lineup on the scoreboard and see all but two players on the Astros lineup we're close to or better than .300, you just kind of knew the Angels were out gunned.

To take the rubber game was requiring zero miscues, a lock down pen and the Moto bats plating some runners. That didn't happen and that is probably the season slipping away.

Oh well, it was nice to visit the yard again.

They have a chance to make it interesting if they can sweep Texas.  The 6 games against CLE/HOU following that series could be brutal but they at least could still keep themselves alive and the last 8 games against Chicago and Seattle are very winnable with this team's talent.  Maybe they can't catch MINN but it would be nice to finish over .500 after all the key injuries they've had this season and knock TEX and SEA out of playoff hunt in the process 

To sweep Texas, the Angels will have to back hand slap their daddy in the face but at this point it must happen. The offense has all the pieces but they keep refusing to lock each piece together. The last three games with Richards, Skaggs, and Nolasco shows that there is life within the rotation, 1.50 ERA between the three, yet 2 of the 3 games the offense forgets what their doing, this is what will keep us out of the playoffs unless they get consistent.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

I was in section 112 three rows up, sitting behind Brandon Phillips family. Perfect night for baseball and a hell of a game for 7 complete innings.

Middleton going down after one batter was a bit of a shock and we watched as he made his way to the dugout trying to flex his hand and fingers.

Still had some hope but it seemed Trout and company were not up for the task after failing to score in the first.

Stayed to the end watching Pujols notch another home run and Cron flail for the final out.

It could have been great, instead it was a lot disappointing but when you looked at the lineup on the scoreboard and see all but two players on the Astros lineup we're close to or better than .300, you just kind of knew the Angels were out gunned.

To take the rubber game was requiring zero miscues, a lock down pen and the Moto bats plating some runners. That didn't happen and that is probably the season slipping away.

Oh well, it was nice to visit the yard again.

It reminded me of why Indians/Astros could be a great ALCS.