• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Get The Umpires Outta The Replay Booth

12 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

IMG_0134.thumb.PNG.424ad525c210c5e6655638234ea174ff.PNG

Not a computer nerd so I don't know how to make gifs but here's a screenshot from the Angels feed.

I waited till the last possible second before you could consider the ball being in Odor's glove and you can see Phillips foot already on the bag. 

Did the Rangers feed not show this angle? Would be very convienent for the home team to not show a definitive angle if that's what the MLB uses. How do they not have access to both feeds?

That's the same angle I saw. But as it's moving it doesn't look like Phillips foot has actually hit the bag. It's kind of hovering over it. It keeps moving. Also, the Rangers announcers said the ball just has to be inside the glove, not all the way in the way stuck in the pocket. 

To me, that makes it darn close to a tie. Not enough to over rule either way, I don't think. If the call on the field had been safe, they couldn't have overturned it. 

Anyway, I really don't get worked up over these. As long as they correct the egregious errors, the system works fine, I think. 

(Although the one tonight, that benefitted the Angels, was a play I hate. I hate seeing a guy come a millimeter off the base from his momentum and be called out. I just don't think it's possible to slide and not lose contact for even a split second. If you come off by enough that the ump can see it in real time, that's different.)