• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Co Worker Catastrophes

Blarg

This is the thread to anonymously out your co workers for the stupid shit they do. 

Last night was hall of fame stupid by the assist staff. Each night they are to do project backups to a removable drive in case something goes wrong with the servers. 

All they needed to do is mouse point to the folder to copy and drag it to the drive. The assists used a copy/transfer function on the Mac which requires four keys pressed at the same time that didn't just copy the files to the external drive but wiped the originals from the server. Fucking genius. 

So this morning I come in to find out my entire show I was working on that we need to deliver tomorrow is gone. Not a trace. All of the offline editors projects gone, all of the edit assists projects gone. 

Had that little rugged drive failed in the transfer process the entire season is lost. It would take five weeks or more to rebuild everything already lost and by then the series is over and possibly the franchise, you can't miss delivery, ever, it costs the networks millions. 

There will be a crew meeting. 

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

This is the thread to anonymously out your co workers for the stupid shit they do. 

Last night was hall of fame stupid by the assist staff. Each night they are to do project backups to a removable drive in case something goes wrong with the servers. 

All they needed to do is mouse point to the folder to copy and drag it to the drive. The assists used a copy/transfer function on the Mac which requires four keys pressed at the same time that didn't just copy the files to the external drive but wiped the originals from the server. Fucking genius. 

So this morning I come in to find out my entire show I was working on that we need to deliver tomorrow is gone. Not a trace. All of the offline editors projects gone, all of the edit assists projects gone. 

Had that little rugged drive failed in the transfer process the entire season is lost. It would take five weeks or more to rebuild everything already lost and by then the series is over and possibly the franchise, you can't miss delivery, ever, it costs the networks millions. 

There will be a crew meeting. 

you guys shouldn't be rolling your own backups. this should all be automated. 

got a wild one.

left the mortgage industry and got into all sorts of entrepreneurial shit like investments, start ups, etc. one project I got involved in was the medical marijuana industry and we were going to grow marijuana for dispensaries. I felt like we needed another person on a consultant and distribution level.

long story short the dude is an absolute psychopath trying to extort me, threaten my life....the whole nine. cut ties with the dude and he's trying to go gangster and extort a final payment of 10 or 20k, I don't remember the amount.

a couple days later my buddy sends me a text and it's a news article where this psycho was arrested with a million dollar bail for kidnapping some guy, terroristic threats, and I guess they just beat the shit out of this guy and gave him third degree burns with a stun gun.

never followed up with the story or outcome. did get a random phone number phone call one day and he left a voicemail that sounded like some kind of 12 step program call where he apologized and wanted to make things right. didn't feel a return call was necessary.

18 hours ago, mrwicked said:

you guys shouldn't be rolling your own backups. this should all be automated. 

We don't work like corporations do. There are no IT guys on staff and project backups are stupidly simple. Evidently not simple enough for some but really damn simple.

Edited by Blarg

I worked in the building with a woman who set a fire in the ceiling of a rest room and then reported it, thereby "saving" her coworkers' lives. It wasn't originally known that she had set the fire, but it was discovered in an ongoing investigation. Her husband also worked in the same building, nice guy. I knew both of them, and it had to be especially tough on him, because he continued to work there after she was terminated.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, True Grich said:

I once had someone who reported to me come into my office to tell me she got an email request from someone (on the same floor), but she coulnd't respond because email was down.  I looked at her and said... "Go to their office." 

I once got a work email telling us our email was down.

We recieved it the next day when it was back up.

Too many of my coworkers will empty the Arrowhead water bottle and just walk away without changing it or asking for help.

these are generally the same people that use the last ream of copy paper without letting the secretary know it’s time to order more. They also leave the machine jammed or fail to tell the secretary when it’s out of staples. 

I was in S Africa for work, got annoyed by my girlfriend I had there, so took a little time away in Mauritius.

My well connected buddy told me to have a business meeting with his friend.  I wore a sick suit I happened to bring with me and when this guy found out our mutual contact was my personal friend, he tried to impress my friend by giving me a personal driver with a big van, and some other big ass bodybuilder bodyguard to show me around.  

So I walked around this beautiful but mostly poor island and kids would come up to the only MFer in a suit theyve seen, but then scatter away cause I was guarded by some huge body guard.  That night I went to the bar, and still had this big dude next to me and me and saw some cute ex-soviet girl.  She was super friendly, we danced a little but then my smile got turned upside down when she told me she was with her parents, and introduced me to them.

Her dad told me in thick Russian language accent, that he was from Kiev, and his name was Igor.  I told him that was cool, as I was actually going to Kiev myself that next Wednesday.  Since I had a big van for 2 days, driver, bodyguard, etc I asked him if the family wanted to join, because I didnt need to tour the country alone (I left my S African gf at the time, back home).  We had a nice time, sadly I didnt bang the daughter, but the father was a real cool guy because.....

When I got to Kiev, he picked me up to return the favor with a tour around his city, and brought along his other daughter, who was borderline do-able but not hot like his other daughter was, sadly.  Anyway, we banged each other and now shes the girl I hope that when I break up my current girlfriend, that will still be around and marry me.

Edited by notherhalo

Some idiot in one of my offices gets in a sexual harassment predicament with every female employee that is there, but thanks to the "no retaliation" clause, we cant fire the guy, who seems certain to get in this kind of situation with every new girl that comes in.

16 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

I was in S Africa for work, got annoyed by my girlfriend I had there, so took a little time away in Mauritius.

My well connected buddy told me to have a business meeting with his friend.  I wore a sick suit I happened to bring with me and when this guy found out our mutual contact was my personal friend, he tried to impress my friend by giving me a personal driver with a big van, and some other big ass bodybuilder bodyguard to show me around.  

So I walked around this beautiful but mostly poor island and kids would come up to the only MFer in a suit theyve seen, but then scatter away cause I was guarded by some huge body guard.  That night I went to the bar, and still had this big dude next to me and me and saw some cute ex-soviet girl.  She was super friendly, we danced a little but then my smile got turned upside down when she told me she was with her parents, and introduced me to them.

Her dad told me in thick Russian language accent, that he was from Kiev, and his name was Igor.  I told him that was cool, as I was actually going to Kiev myself that next Wednesday.  Since I had a big van for 2 days, driver, bodyguard, etc I asked him if the family wanted to join, because I didnt need to tour the country alone (I left my S African gf at the time, back home).  We had a nice time, sadly I didnt bang the daughter, but the father was a real cool guy because.....

When I got to Kiev, he picked me up to return the favor with a tour around his city, and brought along his other daughter, who was borderline do-able but not hot like his other daughter was, sadly.  Anyway, we banged each other and now shes the girl I hope that when I break up my current girlfriend, that will still be around and marry me.

Youre my spirit animal.

Also, totally up to you. But might want to edit an above sentence. Where you say "i didnt bang the daughter, but the father..." Maybe make the second part a new sentence. I had to pause, laugh, yelled "this dudes an animal!" Before i finished the sentence, re read it, felt stupid, etc etc.

Years ago, when I worked in an office that was a dress shirt and tie type of place, I was on a phone call with a client and turned to my left to see the guy in the cubicle directly across from me clipping his toenails. No shit. Guy had his shoes and socks off and the trash can under his foot and everything. I immediately told the person I'd call them back and asked the guy why he was doing that. A few of my coworkers gathered around and we were all cracking up. Dumb bastard didn't even realize it was abnormal. All he said was, "It's slow. I was bored. I didn't realize it would be a big deal."

1 hour ago, Ray McKigney said:

Years ago, when I worked in an office that was a dress shirt and tie type of place, I was on a phone call with a client and turned to my left to see the guy in the cubicle directly across from me clipping his toenails. No shit. Guy had his shoes and socks off and the trash can under his foot and everything. I immediately told the person I'd call them back and asked the guy why he was doing that. A few of my coworkers gathered around and we were all cracking up. Dumb bastard didn't even realize it was abnormal. All he said was, "It's slow. I was bored. I didn't realize it would be a big deal."

At least he wasnt biting them.