• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Mike Trout winning MVP again?

moccasin

19 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Hey, can Trout be AL MVP and A. Simmons the team MVP ???

I think A. Simmons is a great ballplayer who does a lot of stuff that does not show up in the box score and measured in any stats.

I'm as big a stat guy as there is out there, but I agree with this. That guy makes so many smart plays that do show up in the box score (but not for how rare they are). He makes a throw and picks a guy off, etc. It shows up as recording an out, but it's a play that not many players make in a lifetime let alone several times a season.

27 minutes ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

Pitchers will start walking him so he does not get his four at bats a game to get him to 502 for the season.

Walks count towards PAs, which is what batting titles are based off of. This thread is discussing the possibility of Trout as MVP, which there is no minimum ABs or PAs for. This was already all covered above. 

8 hours ago, Zardawg16 said:

Just a question here.... MVP stands for the Most Valuable Player no?? Is it just me or does Mike Trout get fuxked over the years. Yes, Altuve is having an unbelievable year. But his team is also having a unbelievable year. Mike Trout and Simba are carrying this team. 

where are the astros without altuve? that's what voters are going to look at.

same thing applies to trout, of course, but i think altuve is going to get a lot of attention this year, and rightfully so. he's had 3 awfully good years in a row, more than worthy of mvp consideration.

before anyone goes mental, please understand i'm not making the case for altuve over trout. others might, but i'll leave that argument up to them.

3 hours ago, TroutTrumbo said:

The league has caught up to Judge, his second half has been awful. 

agreed, but i still think voters are going to look very favorably at his power numbers.it'll be interesting to see how he ends the season, how the yankees end the season, and how the vote will go.

6 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Whether or not Trout gets to 502 PA's is irrelevant. It's not like someone could vote for him at 505 but not 495. 

If he plays the rest of the games, he'll get there or get close enough. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Hi Jeff.  Welcome to AW.