• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bandwagonners and whiners...

Please!  Continue to jump-ship.  It was very nice having so much leg-room at the game last week when you didn't show-up...  The whine-song is getting old in here.

"Howie sucks!"  "Scoscia and Dipoto suck!"  "Hamilton sucks!"  "Pujols is hurt, too old, and sucks!"  "Trout is too fat to improve on his historic rookie season!"  etc.

Some of it may be true, and it really sucks to lose a series to Houston... but I will still watch and root for them, as I see some guys still showing some fire and trying to get it done (Hopefully, the Kings will make a repeat-run so I don't have to watch every minute of the Angels games).

I don't know what the solution is, but It's not over yet.  I remember a team in '02 that got off to a pretty horrendous start too...

At game 33, the 2002 team was 17-16 and in the middle of their second 8 game winning streak since starting 6-14.

Game 34 was a 19-0 rout of the White Sox which was the first game of a three game sweep.

Comparing this team to the 2002 team is like comparing Hamilton's paycheck to mine.

I was born in Long Beach one year after the Angels started, and my old man started taking me to games at the Big A in '67. I've been a Halos fan since; always will be.

I'm looking forward to watching Vargas pitch tonight (well, listening- MLB.com seems to think Tulsa is in the Houston viewing area even though we're 500 miles from there) and seeing if Hamilton can finally get it together and seeing what Trout and Trumbo do.  I'll hope they win just like I've done every Angel game for 40+ years.

But there is a lot wrong with this team and this organization right now; this may not be the worse Angels team ever, but so far they are the most frustrating and disappointing.

I'll watch, I'll hope, I'll bitch, I'll care. .  but I don't blame anyone who decides they have better things to do with their life then watch this team play.  In fact, I kind of envy them.

Please! Continue to jump-ship. It was very nice having so much leg-room at the game last week when you didn't show-up... The whine-song is getting old in here.

"Howie sucks!" "Scoscia and Dipoto suck!" "Hamilton sucks!" "Pujols is hurt, too old, and sucks!" "Trout is too fat to improve on his historic rookie season!" etc.

Some of it may be true, and it really sucks to lose a series to Houston... but I will still watch and root for them, as I see some guys still showing some fire and trying to get it done (Hopefully, the Kings will make a repeat-run so I don't have to watch every minute of the Angels games).

I don't know what the solution is, but It's not over yet. I remember a team in '02 that got off to a pretty horrendous start too...

LOL. Good post. You're a much better fan than everyone else. Kudos, good sir.

I try to watch as much as I can.  I'm an addict.  That said, with MLB blackout restrictions in place I don't get 162 games per season even though I would gladly pay the full price for the opportunity to do so.

I guess that makes me a better fan than anyone else on the board, including you, yes, you, I'm talking about you specifically, don't try to deny it, I'm a better fan than you because I said so and nothing's gonna change that.

Would you like to become as good of a fan as me?  You can't.  So don't even try.

Got it?

KTHXBAI

At least I have Ducks playoff games!

I still watch bits and pieces of pretty much every Angels game (mostly to watch Trout/Trumbo AB's), but its not something I really look forward to or get excited about anymore.  I envy the superfans that can continuously get beat in the head with shitty baseball and still maintain a high level of interest and excitement about it.  It's like getting amped about eating a dry turd sandwhich for lunch every day.  I can think of about a million better things to do than watch uninspired, lazy and fundamentally bad baseball for three hours a night.  

The Angels will always be my team, but to me they're like family; I might be stuck with them, but that doesn't mean I have to like them all the time.  

Please!  Continue to jump-ship.  It was very nice having so much leg-room at the game last week when you didn't show-up...  The whine-song is getting old in here.

"Howie sucks!"  "Scoscia and Dipoto suck!"  "Hamilton sucks!"  "Pujols is hurt, too old, and sucks!"  "Trout is too fat to improve on his historic rookie season!"  etc.

I don't know what the solution is, but It's not over yet.  I remember a team in '02 that got off to a pretty horrendous start too...

I am one that is very opinionated, and I have never been shy about venting my frustration. However, I do keep watching games and going to the stadium. I will rant and rave and be frustrated, but I still do love the team. That said, though I get ticked off, I am more perplexed than anything else. This team has no business being this poor, yet they are. It is not just this season so far, either.

There it is

The bright side to am830 being the Ducks' station, is there being no Angel Talk last night.

Starting 6-14 is only 20 games deep.

Starting 11-22 is 33 games deep, with no end in sight.

Different situations, and this season has 1969 written all over it, as it saw the current worst start ever after 39 games at 11-28 and culminating in a 10 game losing streak and Bill Rigney's firing.

We've lost 4 straight, and 7 out of 9.

What a completely ignorant and moronic thread. If anything we are some of the best fans to put up with this bullshit and still actually care about the team. This place is filled with some diehard fans no matter what side of the fence you are on. 

Criticism/whining does not equal a bandwagon fan. Get a grip. 

How they do doesn't really impact how many games I actually attend each year.  Last year the games I went to I definitely saw empty seats but tickets sold vs. actual attendance isn't the same.  I went to the series opener on a Friday vs. Detroit in April and there were quite a few open sections almost.  I'll continue to attend so many games a year and watch some on TV but when they're playing uninspired ball I'm not going to make watching the game a priority especially with the stuff I can get done around the house. 

dude they ain't making the playoffs and in '02 start -  they werent 10 games under .500 ever... the worst they were was 7 games under.... we on pace for over 100 loses... this team ain't going anywhere this year.