• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rear facing seat on American Airlines

Just got upgraded to Business Class for my overnight flight tomorrow, and it turns out it is a Rear Facing seat on a 777-300. Never saw rear facing seats before, nor have I heard of them. Anyone ever do this? I don't want to rock the boat by complaining, and get thrown back in steerage, but I'm not too excited about going backwards.

2 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Just got upgraded to Business Class for my overnight flight tomorrow, and it turns out it is a Rear Facing seat on a 777-300. Never saw rear facing seats before, nor have I heard of them. Anyone ever do this? I don't want to rock the boat by complaining, and get thrown back in steerage, but I'm not too excited about going backwards.

Sounds like a sleeper section, you should be fine.

USAF tankers and cargo planes that have passenger sections usually have rear facing seats. Always preferable to the jump seats on a C-130 so we never minded although the climb to the upper section of a C-5 while carrying a chem warfare bag and an ammo can full of classified equipment is a bit daunting

32 minutes ago, Schildog said:

God I love a good humble brag. Well done nj halo

OK, so what you're saying is facing backwards on a plane won't make me sick? I was concerned, but no more. Thanks

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

USAF tankers and cargo planes that have passenger sections usually have rear facing seats. Always preferable to the jump seats on a C-130 so we never minded although the climb to the upper section of a C-5 while carrying a chem warfare bag and an ammo can full of classified equipment is a bit daunting

i know, right? happens to me all the time, too.

19 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

My great uncle spent WWII as a ball turret gunner in a B-17. I remember him telling me that he would sit on his flak jacket instead of wearing it so he wouldn't get his balls blown off. 

Theres plenty to mention, but with the technology of the day so rudimentary, there were jobs back then that boggle the mind. The ball turret being one of the main ones. Literally sitting in a pod, below an airplane, non pressurized, not armored, etc.

Ive flown in a B-17 (and a few other warbirds), and its like being in a VW bug. Imagine going to war in one.

The gunner on a dauntless (the pic i posted above) has always blown me away, too. Sitting backward, in a dive...flak going off around you, cant see ahead, etc...no thanks.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Sean Austin in the movie Memphis Belle made realize for the first time what a suicidal position that truly was.

there was a funky tv show back in the day called "amazing stories" about a ball turret gunner, and the plane is hit and needs to land, but the landing gear won't work and the mechanism to open the latch to let him out is also busted. so they know his is going to die when they take her down. there is nothing they can do but just sit in silence and let him come to terms with his impending, squishy death.

BUT the guy loves to draw, so in his final moments he draws the plane landing with huge cartoon wheels. and amazingly right before they land, the cartoon wheels show up so he is saved.

this is a true story.

amazing-stories-the-mission.jpg

19 hours ago, NJHalo said:

xCpn3I.gif

Edited by AngelsLongBall

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

there was a funky tv show back in the day called "amazing stories" about a ball turret gunner, and the plane is hit and needs to land, but the landing gear won't work and the mechanism to open the latch to let him out is also busted. so they know his is going to die when they take her down. there is nothing they can do but just sit in silence and let him come to terms with his impending, squishy death.

BUT the guy loves to draw, so in his final moments he draws the plane landing with huge cartoon wheels. and amazingly right before they land, the cartoon wheels show up so he is saved.

this is a true story.

amazing-stories-the-mission.jpg

so basically, we all need to carry around a decent set of markers with us when we fly. that's doable.