• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

What a beautiful game! Got to see it on NHL Network out here. It was great seeing all the red sitting down with their heads between their legs after that game-tying goal. They knew the end was near. It was only a matter of time!

This Ducks team is for real!!!

This was the 2nd best game I've ever been to. (1st is game 5 of the 07 west semis against Vancouver) Honda Center was ROCKIN. It was about a 50/50 split Ducks/Blackhawks fans. Everyone was into this game. The loudest I've ever heard it. It definitely lived up to the hype. I absolutely lost it when Bobby scored the tying goal. They played like crap in the 2nd and half of the 3rd, but this team just refuses to lose. They find a way to win no matter what. I love this team and we get Perry back on Friday! Also got to see lhalo at the game. Nice seeing you, bud. 

Anaheim Ducks â€@AnaheimDucks

Andrew Cogliano was among the #NHLDucks on the ice for the optional skate today. Lost two teeth after that high stick last night.

#NHLDucks coach Bruce Boudreau on what Cogliano said when he came back from room to the bench and skated next shift: "I'm not leaving now."

Grit.  Bucketloads of it.

BB sounded off about the refs.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ducks-500703-boudreau-game.html

ANAHEIM -- The biggest victory of an out-of-nowhere season to date was in the books and Ducks coachBruce Boudreau couldn't truly enjoy it.

In fact, Boudreau couldn't enjoy Teemu Selanne's game-winning goal late in the third period of a come-from-behind 4-2 win over Chicago. Ducks winger Andrew Cogliano lined up for the ensuing faceoff at center ice and took a stick to his mouth, courtesy of Chicago's Brandon Bollig (

).

After the game, Boudreau said Cogliano lost several teeth and pointedly said his key forward "gets viciously hit in the mouth with no puck there." The coach took the opportunity to release some pent-up frustration.

"It boggles my mind," he said. "Every game, that we’re getting high sticked. Double minored. And we don’t get the calls. That’s one power play again (for us). One penalty (committed) against us. It’s getting kind of ridiculous."

His overall points: His Ducks are no longer the big, bad undisciplined Ducks of years past and not only are they not getting enough calls but that they've too often been on the receiving end of plays that tread the line of illegality or skip over it.

Boudreau also noted that center Saku Koivu was slashed by Blackhawks star Patrick Kane near the end of the game.

"Kane took a stick with one hand and [is] just wielding it like a tomahawk and hits him in the hands," he said. "Again, I understand the whole thing of who’s playing who and what’s at stake and all of that.

"And you don't want to give them opportunity to lose the game because we have a power play. But those are penalties. The high stick is a penalty. Wes McCauley is the best ref in the league. They've got to see this. I see it every game."

To this point, Boudreau has not only watched Cogliano lose several front teeth but lost Cam Fowler and Kyle Palmieri for several games due to upper-body injuries resulting from hits by the Kings' Jarret Stoll and Phoenix's Raffi Torres.

Neither was penalized in those games, nor did they receive any supplementary discipline from the NHL. Palmieri also appeared to be elbowed in the head by San Jose captain Joe Thornton on Monday night but Thornton was back in the Sharks' lineup Wednesday in Edmonton.

Meanwhile, Corey Perry just finished his four-game suspension for a questionable hit on Minnesota'sJason Zucker, which the Ducks generally thought would earn some form of discipline though not to that extent.

Boudreau wondered aloud if his team is paying for past sins. Fair or unfair, the Ducks have long carried the reputation of chirping to the officials after whistles (or non-whistles) though talkers Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne have curtailed their beefing in recent years.

It is possible that opponents can take more liberties with this group as there's no George Parros or other designated heavyweight around to keep things honest. Brad Staubitz is the closest thing to that but he's still recovering from a facial cut.

Boudreau has demanded that the Ducks play with discipline and they generally turn the other cheek but his frustration is building.

The Ducks are tied for first in the NHL with a 24.4 percent conversion rate on the power play but their 82 man advantages are also tied with Boston for last. They have cut their penalties taken way down but have still had 18 more shorthanded situations.

"We’re not the same team that mouths off to all the refs," Boudreau said. "You can look. We don’t have a two-minute unsportsmanlike penalty yet this year. I would venture to guess we're at the bottom of the league in misconducts for talking.

"So it's not us being -- or the officials saying, 'Hey, listen if you're going to act like dinks, we're going to treat you like that.' That's not the case. It's tough because our guys are hurt. That's where we've got to draw the line a little bit."

This was the 2nd best game I've ever been to. (1st is game 5 of the 07 west semis against Vancouver) Honda Center was ROCKIN. It was about a 50/50 split Ducks/Blackhawks fans. Everyone was into this game. The loudest I've ever heard it. It definitely lived up to the hype. I absolutely lost it when Bobby scored the tying goal. They played like crap in the 2nd and half of the 3rd, but this team just refuses to lose. They find a way to win no matter what. I love this team and we get Perry back on Friday! Also got to see lhalo at the game. Nice seeing you, bud. 

im jealous you were there. i read it was the largest crowd ever at honda center.

was a blast to watch on the tube.

id be down for them to make a move at the deadline, ala brad may from the cup year.

someone who is just a badass but also can skate and produce a little.

energy spark, grit guy, etc. 

we're much more disciplined than years back but i miss the big, bad ballers where we would literally beat up the other team if need be.

the playoffs are going to be a dog fight.

granted our PK is garbage so we need to stay out of the box as much as possible.

I hope our spineless newspaper people write about this.  Only way it will be addressed is if the media covers it.  

This is when a guy like Simmers is very useful.  Ah who am I kidding, LA times have put the Ducks on the backburner and put the Kings on the frontpage.  

I looked at the NHL page about the game, and not one mention of the hits.  But was surprised that the Hawk fans did say that Cogs hit should have drawn a penalty.  Not a double minor or major, but at least a minor, since it was unintentional.  Some Hawk fans were also saying the Ducks are getting jobbed on the penalties, citing the Stoll and Torres hits.

id be down for them to make a move at the deadline, ala brad may from the cup year.

someone who is just a badass but also can skate and produce a little.

energy spark, grit guy, etc. 

we're much more disciplined than years back but i miss the big, bad ballers where we would literally beat up the other team if need be.

the playoffs are going to be a dog fight.

granted our PK is garbage so we need to stay out of the box as much as possible.

Watched the NHL show this morning.  And they were saying that Derek Roy was a possible Ducks target.

It was a missed high stick.  Some Ducks fans are saying it was intentional, but I can't see that being the absolute truth.  I just can't believe none of the officials saw it.  The ref dropping the puck I'll accept was preoccupied, but the other ref was right there looking at the puck drop (I assume) only a few feet away with a clear view of it.  If he couldn't see that high stick, he's probably got problems with his eyes, or is just not good enough to be reffing an NHL game.

The chop on Koivu, definitely intentional, but of course they're not going to do anything to the best scorer on the best team in the league.  The second best scorer on the second best team, on the other hand...

It was a missed high stick.  Some Ducks fans are saying it was intentional, but I can't see that being the absolute truth.  I just can't believe none of the officials saw it.  The ref dropping the puck I'll accept was preoccupied, but the other ref was right there looking at the puck drop (I assume) only a few feet away with a clear view of it.  If he couldn't see that high stick, he's probably got problems with his eyes, or is just not good enough to be reffing an NHL game.

The chop on Koivu, definitely intentional, but of course they're not going to do anything to the best scorer on the best team in the league.  The second best scorer on the second best team, on the other hand...

Watching the replay last night.  There was one ref looking right at where Cogs got hit.  At about the 30 second mark.