• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The next 10 games :Update 6-4 Great Job!

12 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Shoemaker on the DL, Parker Bridwell takes his start Tuesday 50-50. Nolasco on Wed. 1 loss. Chavez goes on Thur. 50-50, making 2 losses.

On to Boston. Meyer on Friday evens road trip at 2-2. Saturday Ramirez 50-50. Sunday Bridwell again 50-50. hopefully we are at least 3-3 before going to LA. We will be lucky to go 5-5 over the next 10 games. I will be hoping to do much better though.

Reverse Cy Bridwell

I don't think we have much of a chance when you consider we have to beat Pinada on Tuesday, Sale in Boston, and we will probably get Wood, Hill, McCarthy and Kershaw in the Dodger series.  At best it appears that we may only have a chance to beat one or at most two of those 6.  This is where the starting pitching may kill us.  I'm hoping for 5-5, but 2-8 or 3-7 seem the most realistic.

8 hours ago, tomsred said:

I don't think we have much of a chance when you consider we have to beat Pinada on Tuesday, Sale in Boston, and we will probably get Wood, Hill, McCarthy and Kershaw in the Dodger series.  At best it appears that we may only have a chance to beat one or at most two of those 6.  This is where the starting pitching may kill us.  I'm hoping for 5-5, but 2-8 or 3-7 seem the most realistic.

but what if we don't 

We can go 10-0 and there will still be people on here that want us to sell at the deadline.  We can go 0-10 and we will still have at least one person here that wants us to buy for this year at the deadline.  For me it is 5-7 games out of the wild card.  If you get there then sell what you can if you can get actual talent.  If you are trading Yunel, Maybin or Parker and you are offered the equivalent of a future utility infielder or a future fourth outfielder, or possible swing man, then you just hold onto those players.  What is the point?  

4 minutes ago, The Judgernaut said:

I kinda hope Trout comes back tonight so we don't have to see Eric Young again.

Have mercy, he killed us last week.

We all wish he was coming back this soon, but he has a few more weeks.  I am looking forward to being at the game tomorrow night.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

We can go 10-0 and there will still be people on here that want us to sell at the deadline.  We can go 0-10 and we will still have at least one person here that wants us to buy for this year at the deadline.  For me it is 5-7 games out of the wild card.  If you get there then sell what you can if you can get actual talent.  If you are trading Yunel, Maybin or Parker and you are offered the equivalent of a future utility infielder or a future fourth outfielder, or possible swing man, then you just hold onto those players.  What is the point?  

12 games back of the Astros in June. If we can't even complete in our own division, what makes you think that we can complete for a championship.

Get rid of what got you here first because they won't get you where you want to go.

Do you really have faith in the majority of these guys in a high pressure situation on national TV with millions watching? We pretty much need a whole new core group of youthful players with a new manager with an edge.

Please spare me another one of those "we barely missed the playoffs but we have something to build on" bullshit stories. 

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

12 games back of the Astros in June. If we can't even complete in our own division, what makes you think that we can complete for a championship.

Get rid of what got you here first because they won't get you where you want to go.

Do you really have faith in the majority of these guys in a high pressure situation on national TV with millions watching? We pretty much need a whole new core group of youthful players with a new manager with an edge.

Please spare me another one of those "we barely miss the playoffs but we have something to build on" bullshit stories. 

If the team makes the playoffs ... the standings become irrelevant. Let's not forget we just beat the Astros at their own ballpark Troutless. :P

3 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Please spare me another one of those "we barely missed the playoffs but we have something to build on" bullshit stories. 

Ok I'll spare you those stories.  However missy, how many times has a wild card made it to the World Series?  Do I think they have the pieces, no.  Do I think the pieces they have to trade will bring us back future everyday players?  No.  So, if they don't get offers that bring back solid pieces for the future, then roll the dice.  You've literally got nothing to lose.  I understand you're Canadian which is basically French, so I fully expect you to want to surrender, it's what makes you you.  

20 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Name the players on the Astros who have performed well in the playoffs in a high pressure situation with millions watching

Edited by Lou

30 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

this thread has been like the bat signal for you, hasn't it?

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Remember how deep in the playoffs the Mariners went when they won 115 games.

Like 2014. That's why I suggested a new manager. I just think moving forward the organization needs to head into a new direction. At some point the manager has to hold some accountability for not winning a playoff game since 2009. We've replaced the GM three times and addressed the coaches several times. 

We need a lot of new players and a new manager with a different approach because what you're seeing today is not a sustainable winning recipe. 

3 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Like 2014. That's why I suggested a new manager. I just think moving forward the organization needs to head into a new direction. At some point the manager has to hold some accountability for not winning a playoff game since 2009. We've replaced the GM three times and addressed the coaches several times. 

We need a lot of new players and a new manager with a different approach because what you're seeing today is not a sustainable winning recipe. 

i like how you're hanging everything today on this one peg on the coat rack from three years ago.

has the team been healthy lately? does the team have all the necessary parts/talent to win now? or has it been poor managing that has held back this team of superstars?