• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So at this rate, we are going to be sellers

I don't think Weaver would or should be off the table.

Not that I WANT to trade him, but if this team is completely out of it by the deadline he would probably bring in the best package of prospects outside of Trout. Trumbo would be a good trade piece but he's under club control and I don't really get trading valuable, young players like that. Aybar and Kendrick would definitely get something in return. CJ is iffy, only because of his contract. I think they could still get a decent prospect or two for him though.

If you want to rebuild the farm system and start over then you're talking about a long term project. If it's a long term project then why would any player on the team right now be off the table? They do not offer this team anything, we are scrapping the season and this team for the next 5-10 years if that's the case. What is the point in having Trout and Trumbo play on a 40 win team for the next 5 years and then just sign elsewhere? Should trade them now and start the rebuilding process.

Trout+Pujols+CJ+Weaver for minor leaguers

J-Ham+Trumbo+Aybar+Kendrick for minor leaguers

Them's the deals to be made.

I don't think Weaver would or should be off the table.

Not that I WANT to trade him, but if this team is completely out of it by the deadline he would probably bring in the best package of prospects outside of Trout. Trumbo would be a good trade piece but he's under club control and I don't really get trading valuable, young players like that. Aybar and Kendrick would definitely get something in return. CJ is iffy, only because of his contract. I think they could still get a decent prospect or two for him though.

Fair point about Weav. Sucks to think about tho...

If you want to rebuild the farm system and start over then you're talking about a long term project. If it's a long term project then why would any player on the team right now be off the table? They do not offer this team anything, we are scrapping the season and this team for the next 5-10 years if that's the case. What is the point in having Trout and Trumbo play on a 40 win team for the next 5 years and then just sign elsewhere? Should trade them now and start the rebuilding process.

Pujols has a no trade clause. Hamilton just signed they arent going to trade him. Trout I dont see going anywhere either.

Pujols and Hamilton aren't going anywhere, and Trout is quite probably a once-in-a-generation type player you build around.

Aside from those 3 however, everyone should be considered as a trade piece.  I actually think Bourjos may be our best asset as a trade chip.  I like him, but he's a speed guy who doesn't steal bases, this not taking full advantage of his best tool.  OFs who hit .290 with 12-15HRs, a handful of SBs and play good defense are not hard to replace.  He's attractive to other clubs because he's so cheap and because they might believe they can turn him into a good base stealer.  The Angels can replace him in the short term with the likes of Shuck, Calhoun, Witherspoon, etc.

Pujols and Hamilton aren't going anywhere, and Trout is quite probably a once-in-a-generation type player you build around.

Aside from those 3 however, everyone should be considered as a trade piece.  I actually think Bourjos may be our best asset as a trade chip.  I like him, but he's a speed guy who doesn't steal bases, this not taking full advantage of his best tool.  OFs who hit .290 with 12-15HRs, a handful of SBs and play good defense are not hard to replace.  He's attractive to other clubs because he's so cheap and because they might believe they can turn him into a good base stealer.  The Angels can replace him in the short term with the likes of Shuck, Calhoun, Witherspoon, etc.

Bourjous is valuable, especailly if he comes back from injury and does well again.

Bourjos is more valuable to the Angels then other teams will pay for him. He won't get you anything worthwhile for the future. He would probably get a middle of the bullpen reliever which is something we really don't need now that the season is lost and done. Trumbo is the most attractive player out there as he is seen on sportscenter hitting 475' bombs here and there.

we should definitely be sellers, trade anyone who has value besides Trout ofcourse...and we do have some trade pieces.

Kendrick (top of my list)

Hanson

Vargas

Blanton (if possible)

Callaspo

Bourjos

CJ Wilson

Jerome Williams

I think with a package deal we can get some pretty good prospects for these guys.  Hanson and Vargas could help a team that needs pitching near the deadline, and the others may help us get a decent reliever or two.

We gotta start restocking our farm now.

Ridiculous!!!

Being sellers has never been the Angels' way.  I can't remember a time when we made multiple trades- or even one trade- and got a few promising minor leaguers. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. It never has been this teams MO, and with the way that Artie has operated, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to change that thinking.

I'm not sure which is more silly? The idea of trading Trout or saying that a team with Trout and Trumbo wins 40 games for the next 5 years? The Angels have never lost 100 games in a season but now they are going to lose 120 for the next five? I am going to one up Vladfan and say:

Preposterous!!

Did some mental midget just suggest we trade trout?

Wow.

Bundling Trout (And possibly still some additional cash and players on top of that) is what it would take to move Pujols and Hamilton, for nothing in return. Even that would probalby take some sort of super complicated 3-4 team mega trade to find a viable partner.

That's assuming you wanted to do Miami style full franchise reboot, which I'm not advocating.