• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roger Ailes passes away.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

That's like an alcoholic blaming Jack Daniels. The blame is on all of us collectively.

It's not, Ailes network deliberatleygave outrageous right wing conspiracy theories room to breathe with supposedly legitimate journalism and made them mainstream. 

Also, apparently the work place he oversaw was pretty hostile to women.  Obviously he's not the only cause of the current climate  but he played an over sized role.  He was a fucking scum bag.  Good riddance. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Two different issues but on the one you are wrong.  Fox News doesn't sweep onto the national scene if there wasn't a void for them to fill.  The fact that such a large portion of the country believed they needed Fox News to represent them should tell you all you need to know about the discourse that existed before they even came about.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

What a vile pig.

I love the sanctimonious crap from his wife about what a loving husband he was.  Meanwhile, he set new standards for sexual harassment in the workplace.

Oh no he didn't, not by a long shot. You have no idea what the 80's and 90's were like in my industry and they were subdued compared with previous generations.

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Two different issues but on the one you are wrong.  Fox News doesn't sweep onto the national scene if there wasn't a void for them to fill.  The fact that such a large portion of the country believed they needed Fox News to represent them should tell you all you need to know about the discourse that existed before they even came about.

That's your opinion MT.  I'm not "wrong"

a large number of people believing something doesn't mean that they are right. 

15 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It's not, Ailes network deliberatleygave outrageous right wing conspiracy theories room to breathe with supposedly legitimate journalism and made them mainstream. 

Also, apparently the work place he oversaw was pretty hostile to women.  Obviously he's not the only cause of the current climate  but he played an over sized role.  He was a fucking scum bag.  Good riddance. 

So what has the other networks done with their "responsible journalism"? Other than provide only one party line viewpoint. 

The only reason FOX News went the direction they did is because there was a huge vacuum that begged to be filled. A vacuum created by a complete lack of discourse.

I'm not a big fan of MSNBC either Blarg.  But its my opinion that Fox News acts as a propaganda tool for the GOP to an even greater extent then MSNBC tilts its coverage left.  I'm not going to get into the online garbage that exists on both sides of the spectrum.  I'm not denying that we have a problem with journalistic integrity, but that's a wider issue.  

In this thread I'm commenting specifically on Roger Ailes.  I think he was a fucking piece of garbage.  I think his network spreads poison.  And I stand by that view point.  By all means disagree. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I guess if you are a 'truth is relative' kind of guy.  Facts are facts.

No it has nothing to do with facts being relative.  I appreciate the insinuation that I don't believe in facts tho.  I get that you feel your conservative view points are ignored/belittled MT.  I think overall that you are fair.  From our interactions on this forum, I think you are honest and fair with your views.  I do disagree with some of them.  The thing with Fox News is that they don't just give alternate views that happen to be conservative.  Again, they provide space for for outrageous wrong ideas that should not be given space in our discourse.  I'm sure you'll argue that other networks do this as well.  You are probably right.  But I believe that  Fox has made it a norm.  And this was under the direction of Ailes.  Like I told Blarg above.  Feel free to disagree. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I think you are missing my point.  I haven't watched Fox News in two decades.  I am not arguing whether they are good or bad.  

What I am saying is that the political discourse in this country had to have been broken down for Fox News to even exist.  People don't feel disenfranchised for no reason and a lot of folks do.  

When I see people blame entities or the other side for big problems I see a symptom of what I feel is a larger problem. We don't want to take responsibility for our own faults anymore.  I can blame the liberal media, I can blame Fox News, I can blame the libs or the cons, just as long as I can pretend my poop doesn't stink.

51 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

They were selling a product. We were the addicts.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

But I believe that  Fox has made it a norm. 

There has been pandering media long before Fox News and there will be long after all the current corporations are long since dead.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I'm not a big fan of MSNBC either Blarg.  But its my opinion that Fox News acts as a propaganda tool for the GOP to an even greater extent then MSNBC tilts its coverage left.  I'm not going to get into the online garbage that exists on both sides of the spectrum.  I'm not denying that we have a problem with journalistic integrity, but that's a wider issue.  

In this thread I'm commenting specifically on Roger Ailes.  I think he was a fucking piece of garbage.  I think his network spreads poison.  And I stand by that view point.  By all means disagree. 

Dan Rather was with CBS. One of the most powerful news anchors in television that had an impeccable career until he decided he was going to be the narrative for the Nation and started falsifying stories to push his agenda. He was the tipping point for questioning journalistic integrity, not FOX News. 

That exposed the Hearst like control of modern media on the public. The unbalanced ethics of a few controllers of news in what should be a public trust.

Your complaints are like hating HSN over QVC. Both vacuous pulp instead of the real politics of controlling the publics perception.

You can act like Dan Rather doing some goofy shit on CBS News is the equivalent to the day in, day out, putrid shit that Fox News has done for decades.  You can also piss on my leg and tell me its raining.  Whatever you need to let you go to sleep at night.  I ain't buying it for a second.

http://deadspin.com/fox-news-pays-tribute-to-roger-ailes-by-putting-the-wor-1795351670