• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Buying a house

Didn't get the house. Offered a fair amount over list, but couldn't go much higher if it was gonna appraise out right for everything to work. Guessing they got a better cash offer. Inventory isn't really a problem here as much as quality inventory is. Beautiful, cheap homes in crap neighborhoods sit on the market forever; but anything well-maintained in a decent area sells in under 24 hours. And those of us that have to finance a place are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Or that's my perception at least, given what I've seen the last few months.

10 minutes ago, Don said:

Didn't get the house. Offered a fair amount over list, but couldn't go much higher if it was gonna appraise out right for everything to work. Guessing they got a better cash offer. Inventory isn't really a problem here as much as quality inventory is. Beautiful, cheap homes in crap neighborhoods sit on the market forever; but anything well-maintained in a decent area sells in under 24 hours. And those of us that have to finance a place are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Or that's my perception at least, given what I've seen the last few months.

There are a lot of foreign investors buying property paying cash over the last few years. It makes it difficult for those who finance to buy a home.

On 5/6/2017 at 9:47 PM, AngelsLongBall said:

My parents have been in their house for 20+ years. My siblings and I have told them, if they don't declutter, we're setting the place on fire. They've started to declutter

My father lived in his house for 45 years. He had the house built, so up until the time that he passed on, my family were the only people to ever live there. My sister and her best friend cleaned the place out after he died. My father was a hoarder - not to the point that you couldn't get into the house, but the garage had useless stuff like newspapers from 40 years ago, and cases of motor oil in cardboard cans that he bought because he got a good price on it. The carpet inside was such a mess that my sister's friend finally got out her leaf blower to clean out the rooms (you can't make this up).

One thing that has come up in the last week or so is that my boss has retired, and I may be offered her job. Problem is, it may involve moving to the Reno/Carson City area if I take it, and I'm not sure that it's worth it at this point. I am 5-7 years from retirement, and moving would mean that we would lose our doctors and so forth. I would also be on the road a lot, which would have tempted me a lot more, say, ten years ago.