• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I bet the almond growers have rain collectors

I met a guy who runs an almond farm when I was camping over the summer.  Asked him about this when I was hammered one night.  He said most have seen the writing on the wall and have switched to drip irrigation and no longer flood the fields.  At least that's what I recall. 

5 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I met a guy who runs an almond farm when I was camping over the summer.  Asked him about this when I was hammered one night.  He said most have seen the writing on the wall and have switched to drip irrigation and no longer flood the fields.  At least that's what I recall. 

My grandfather was a grape farmer and I remember, as a kid, going out and irrigating the vineyard with him using these siphon tubes that moved water from one row to the other. You could tell that this method required a lot of water so in the mid to late 90's he switched it over to a drip system. I spend a lot of time in the Central Valley and notice that cherry and walnut orchards still are being irrigated by soaking them very well while other trees use drip. I'm sure certain trees require certain watering techniques.   

• 3 weeks later...

Major California mall places restrictions on times minors can shop unsupervised after teenage brawl
As of Friday, March 1, children under the age of 18 will not be allowed at the Del Amo Fashion Center without an adult after 3 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/major-california-mall-restrictions-times-minors-shop-unsupervised-after-teenage-brawl

LA Liability Claims

Liability claims are payments the city makes to people it has injured when it’s failed to meet its responsibilities, or when officials and employees directly harm people, or fail to prevent avoidable harm. And a “significant portion” of the money comes out of the general fund, which pays for city services and resources, the controller’s office said in a statement.

Ive seen a lot less homeless than 1-3 years ago

While its still a mess, someone deserves some credit for something

Im nearly sure its a result as a lot of unnecessary extra spending and theres probably corrupt people everywhere pocketing off this "success" for a problem they intentionally started

but anyway, its a less shittier now, and that should be acknowledged

2 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Im nearly sure its a result as a lot of unnecessary extra spending and theres probably corrupt people everywhere pocketing off this "success" for a problem they intentionally started

there was a homeless camp under part of a freeway near the eagle rock plaza. they cleared it out from time to time but people always came back. it hasn't had anyone living there for months now. 

On 3/1/2024 at 4:59 AM, Redondo said:

Major California mall places restrictions on times minors can shop unsupervised after teenage brawl
As of Friday, March 1, children under the age of 18 will not be allowed at the Del Amo Fashion Center without an adult after 3 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/major-california-mall-restrictions-times-minors-shop-unsupervised-after-teenage-brawl

this was such a great mall when i was a teenager and into my 20s. it was the place to be in the south bay. sad to see what's happened to it.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

21,000 housed or 2,1000, it's too close to quibble about. Trust the Mayor because she is moving with urgency to spend $315 million when the original budget was 65 million. 

at that rate she could build her own crazy train.

On 3/17/2024 at 10:21 PM, notherhalo said:

I wouldn't say it was "intentional" but it is a direct result of cuts to mental health services, the virtual impossibility of building housing in most cities, and a lot of people profiting off opioids.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:05 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I wouldn't say it was "intentional" but it is a direct result of cuts to mental health services, the virtual impossibility of building housing in most cities, and a lot of people profiting off opioids.

and more than all those other things combined, the homeless industrial complex that does their absolute best to insure there are as many people in their client list as possible 

Los Angeles considers reparations for families forced off land where Dodger Stadium stands

But before its construction in 1962, the area was home to thousands of residents, many of whom were of Mexican, Chinese and Italian descent. Nearly 1,800 of those families were displaced from the land later used to build the stadium. State legislators are now considering a bill seeking reparations for the families.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/dodgers-stadium-reparations-families-land-california-angeles-rcna145152

On 3/25/2024 at 11:27 AM, gotbeer said:

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

Los Angeles considers reparations for families forced off land where Dodger Stadium stands

But before its construction in 1962, the area was home to thousands of residents, many of whom were of Mexican, Chinese and Italian descent. Nearly 1,800 of those families were displaced from the land later used to build the stadium. State legislators are now considering a bill seeking reparations for the families.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/dodgers-stadium-reparations-families-land-california-angeles-rcna145152

lol

16 hours ago, Redondo said:

Please send the bill to the Dodgers

9 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Please send the bill to the Dodgers

Mccourt still owns the parking lot. I've always thought that was a strange move, and that they would eventually build a new stadium elsewhere.