• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

It sucks for me too. Although it is going to mean more dollars in my bank account, it really does suck. Of my 10 CA clients only 3 can afford to comply with it and 1 of them can barely comply. It will cost him money and the drivers money and the customers money. It doesn't suck as bad as a W2 mandate. Less options would exist and it would be even more expensive for all parties.

I thought the passing of Prop 22 was going to mean families could eat and young startups Uber and Lyft could afford to serve our communities.

CA sheriff refuses to release 1,800 inmates after judge's order: 'Serious threat' to community

Orange County, Calif., Sheriff Don Barnes pushed back against an "absurd" order from a local Superior Court judge ordering the release of 1,800 inmates, including some who are locked up for murder and child molestation, due to the coronavirus.

"I have no intention of doing that, of releasing those individuals back into the community. I think they pose a serious threat," Barnes told "Fox & Friends."

The decision by the court was made in response to an April lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in an effort to protect disabled and medically vulnerable people at the Orange County Jail, reports said, but Barnes plans to appeal.

"We've released 1,400 inmates to date since March for low-level offenders.

The only inmates remaining now are serious offenders," he explained. "Of the medically vulnerable, 90 of them are in custody for murder or attempted murder, 94 for child molestation."

Edited by Redondo

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

CA sheriff refuses to release 1,800 inmates after judge's order: 'Serious threat' to community

Orange County, Calif., Sheriff Don Barnes pushed back against an "absurd" order from a local Superior Court judge ordering the release of 1,800 inmates, including some who are locked up for murder and child molestation, due to the coronavirus.

"I have no intention of doing that, of releasing those individuals back into the community. I think they pose a serious threat," Barnes told "Fox & Friends."

The decision by the court was made in response to an April lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in an effort to protect disabled and medically vulnerable people at the Orange County Jail, reports said, but Barnes plans to appeal.

"We've released 1,400 inmates to date since March for low-level offenders.

The only inmates remaining now are serious offenders," he explained. "Of the medically vulnerable, 90 of them are in custody for murder or attempted murder, 94 for child molestation."

Good. 

California loses hundreds of thousands of residents in 2020

California saw record-low population growth in 2020, as the state lost more residents than it gained for the second consecutive year.

About 135,600 more people left the state than moved in, according to data from the state’s finance department released this week, marking the third largest migration loss in the state’s history.

In total, just 21,200 people were added between July 2019 and July 2020.

The 2020 growth rate was 0.05 percent, down from 0.23 percent the year prior – marking the slowest growth rate on record.

The state saw a similar outflow of residents when compared with last year, but the inflow was notably smaller.

The total population currently sits at about 39.78 million people.

I don't really see the point in recalling him because if it even got that far he would be replaced by someone who is in the same mold.  This state is boned and it's only going to get worse as companies leave for more business friendly states while the lock downs have shown that remote work is not only feasible but cheaper for many companies.  There's no dotcom boom coming that's going to bail this state out of the financial and political shitstorm that's been brewing for decades.

33 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I don't really see the point in recalling him because if it even got that far he would be replaced by someone who is in the same mold.  This state is boned and it's only going to get worse as companies leave for more business friendly states while the lock downs have shown that remote work is not only feasible but cheaper for many companies.  There's no dotcom boom coming that's going to bail this state out of the financial and political shitstorm that's been brewing for decades.

So idiot politicians can know that their power is not safe 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

This is one step beyond cringe but sadly, if Santa were real California likely would require him to get a permit 

In addition to BLM protesting he was white, the women protesting that he was male, and he'd probably be arrested for violating Covid curfew, gathering outside your family, and trespassing.  Meanwhile the homeless squatting next door will be taunting the cops trying to provoke them to attack them.